• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars fans rejoice!

18 posts in this topic

Kevin, just curious...why do you work so hard to amass such a nice run in a particular title just to turn around and sell it? First your Sub-Mariners and now your Star Wars collection. I'm pretty sure you bought a few of those Star Wars books from me. There dosn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to your collecting. Nothing personal but what gives? confused-smiley-013.gif

Steve

First of all, thanks to those of you who have enquired about my health. Not much to add really, but I'm sticking with the physio and it eases the pain somewhat! Gotta keep at it though, it's not quick!

As for collecting habits, well, I feel the same sometimes. I started collecting Subbys when they were costing $50 a pop in 9.6, I amassed quite a few, but got priced out by the $150+++ per issue a year or two later. So thought, what next? I have all the raw issues I could want, but the graded one just look so good. So, I had a 9.6 SW #1 and 107, then looked at a couple of other 9.6s, and picked up about 10 for $10-15 each! Now theres me thinking it would be easy to get all 107 893naughty-thumb.gif

Now many other collectors (I can name them all!) have jumped in, and now the cost of a 9.6 has been pumped up to $100 an issue in 9.6, and more in 9.8!!!!!

Now, not one for buying the label too much, and can't justify this sort of money, especially as I am in somewhat financial strain at the moment, so they go too. As with the Subbys, I know I can't lose money, it just seems that theres always someone else with deeper pockets to cut me down!

Oh well, I'm off to start a modern collection sorry.gif