• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAS YOU FAITH IN CGC BEEN SHAKEN???

HAS CGC SHAKEN YOUR FAITH IN 3rd PARTY GRADING?  

495 members have voted

1. 1. HAS CGC SHAKEN YOUR FAITH IN 3rd PARTY GRADING?

64 posts in this topic

My daughter is getting me an I-Pod for X-mas and loading it with all the best head-banging tunes of the last 30 years headbang.gif I'll have to have her include some Iggy Pop. thumbsup2.gif

I love her cloud9.gif She is the best kid a mom could wish for.

Sorry for the thread hijack Brain!

See if she can download:

Lust for Life

I'm Bored

Billy is a Runaway

and any of the cuts from his "American Caeser" album.

Iggy is a survivor, is a tough as a piece of two week old beef jerkie, can still rock his ase off, and would bite Neil Young's kneecaps off, just for kicks and giggles.

For Red's wife devil.gif

I’m lying alone with my head on the phone

Thinking of you till it hurts

I know you hurt too but what else can we do

Tormented and torn apart

I wish I could carry your smile in my heart

For times when my life seems so low

It would make me believe what tomorrow could bring

When today doesn’t really know, doesn’t really know

I’m all out of love, I’m so lost without you

I know you were right, believing for so long

I’m all out of love, what am I without you

I can’t be too late to say I was so wrong

I want you to come back and carry me home

Away from these long, lonely nights

I’m reaching for you, are you feeling it too?

Does the feeling seem oh, so right?

And what would you say if I called on you now

And said that I can’t hold on?

There’s no easy way, it gets harder each day

Please love me or I’ll be gone, I’ll be gone

Ooh, what are you thinking of

What are you thinking of

What are you thinking of

What are you thinking of

devil.gif Air SUPPLY! hail.gifheadbang.gif

Only by Page 34 of CBG # 1605

and by Heritage Auction Catalog # 809 page 44 lot # 2293

I personally will not comment on the contents, only that it is public information that I could not possibly have solicited or endorsed.

OK - time for a POV Thread Stopper! I voted "Not At All, As It Stands Now." The key here is "Faith". My faith in CGC has not been shaken at all. I feel CGC is sincere in their efforts. This does not mean I AGREE with everything they do, but that has been so from the beginning when I first met Steve at one of Dave Cummings' Boston shows, soliciting books from dealers for then-fledgling CGC.

From my observations, we are still at odds with much of the things CGC has really made us think about. Is this restoration? Is THAT? Why some blue and some purple labels with resto? Why a greater leniency for GA? Etc. These things are hotly debated, which indicates no real standard has been reached. CGC HAS to have a set of criteria, even though it is not fully revealed, and I DO have faith that CGC does adhere to it.

Is my faith in CGC shaken? Nope. Not at all. Even though I have yet to sub books for grading (I still have a 3-sub cert for joining) I have to say that CGC has had the greatest impact on the comic book "hobby" in making people aware of the real nicities of grading. No more do many of us look at a NM book with a couple of defects that bring it to VF, but, being blinded by the overall niceness of the book, accept it as NM.

As far as grading and restoration goes, CGC has probably made us think more than any other single influence, including the grading guide (which I rank the second greatest influence.) The reaon? because the grading guide still leaves things up to us tr determine a grade. CGC does not.

Regardless of what I agree and disagree with, overall I feel CGC sticks to their guns and my faith in that and them is not shaken in the least.

OK - time for a POV Thread Stopper! I voted "Not At All, As It Stands Now." The key here is "Faith". My faith in CGC has not been shaken at all. I feel CGC is sincere in their efforts. This does not mean I AGREE with everything they do, but that has been so from the beginning when I first met Steve at one of Dave Cummings' Boston shows, soliciting books from dealers for then-fledgling CGC.

From my observations, we are still at odds with much of the things CGC has really made us think about. Is this restoration? Is THAT? Why some blue and some purple labels with resto? Why a greater leniency for GA? Etc. These things are hotly debated, which indicates no real standard has been reached. CGC HAS to have a set of criteria, even though it is not fully revealed, and I DO have faith that CGC does adhere to it.

Is my faith in CGC shaken? Nope. Not at all. Even though I have yet to sub books for grading (I still have a 3-sub cert for joining) I have to say that CGC has had the greatest impact on the comic book "hobby" in making people aware of the real nicities of grading. No more do many of us look at a NM book with a couple of defects that bring it to VF, but, being blinded by the overall niceness of the book, accept it as NM.

As far as grading and restoration goes, CGC has probably made us think more than any other single influence, including the grading guide (which I rank the second greatest influence.) The reaon? because the grading guide still leaves things up to us tr determine a grade. CGC does not.

Regardless of what I agree and disagree with, overall I feel CGC sticks to their guns and my faith in that and them is not shaken in the least.

hail.gifRESPECT TO MY NOR. CAL. BRO!!!

POV, well said. thumbsup2.gif

Great post, Pov! thumbsup2.gif