• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does one remove Crayon from a back cover of a comic?

13 posts in this topic

I hope this is the right place to post this.

There appears to be Crayon on the back cover of this comic, and Im wondering if there are ways to remove it??

Thanks for reading

Kystix

4TNizTP.jpg[/img]

It looks like grease pencil.

My guess would be that someone along the distribution chain wrote "200" to indicate the count on a bundle of comics.

I would think that a professional restorer could remove it, but the expense would almost certainly outweigh the benefit.

It looks like grease pencil.

My guess would be that someone along the distribution chain wrote "200" to indicate the count on a bundle of comics.

I would think that a professional restorer could remove it, but the expense would almost certainly outweigh the benefit.

Especially on a mid-grade ASM 161.

I say take an x-acto knife and carefully slice out the area around the grease pencil. Problem solved

I like the way you think.

My suggestion is take a red grease pencil and a white grease pencil and fill in the zeros to make targets.

The end result would look something like this:

target_zps4630c4d1.jpg

Grease pencil will often erase from non-inked areas using a white gum eraser. Considering it's only an ASM 161, what have you got to lose? lol Take a deep breath first . . . :grin: