• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Nova #2 Second App of NOVA!

8 posts in this topic

This is the first of many books I would like the awesome people of this Board to help me grade, so I can better my grading ability and maybe show off a few cool books to boot!

Id like to start with one of the nicest bronze age books Ive bought off ebay.

So Id love to here what ya think of this beauty. Nothing is wrong with the interior. and any indents Im sure could be pressed out.

(Sorry for the big scans) (Anyone know how to not have huge ones?)

Thanks for reading.

-Kystix

Qj5S02O.jpg

6berhas.jpg

9.0 IMHO! Corners are everything when it comes to comic books in my grading assessment. They have to be razor sharp to achieve anything 9.2 and above!

There is nothing wrong with the big images. I like to imbed the smaller images directly into my post and then provide links to the larger scans separately. This allows the person to review the entire book and make comparisons of the certain areas of the enlarged scans simultaneously.

Check out our PGM Guidelines, Helpful Hints and General Etiquette TEST thread - INPUT IS APPRECIATED! Link below:

PGM Guideline, Helpful Hints and General Etiquette TEST

I truly value your grade Timern! Thank you so much. You are one of my favorite graders on here. And I love the Guideline you have been working on!

-Kystix

(Sorry for the big scans) (Anyone know how to not have huge ones?)

Nothing wrong with those scans (thumbs u (except for the hair on the scanner bed). Also it wouldn't hurt to straighten them out and crop the non-image area.

Corners are mostly folded, no serious issues, and often with these there was some corner chipping which is production-related, so I’d go with a full NM (9.4) as the book looks flawless. (thumbs u

Aside from this book, as much as I’d love to be of the same opinion of Timern, I see many corner defects are generally allowed by CGC standards up to 9.2.