• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers # 4 Grading is Subjective

31 posts in this topic

Definitely one to ask for return or discount - I use the subjective statement myself - but I also list any defects that might not be obvious for a scan -like any detached staples. Plus - I do not do it to disavow my grades ( but that is me) - but more for someone to make sure that they use their best judgement,.

When you open the case - make sure to use the hidden defects (and list any that were not evident from the initial listing and pictures) as well as what those defects do to the overall grade as the reasoning. Be sure to attach pics, this will help protect you in case the seller is a tool.

I would not ask for a discount but would absolutely demand a refund.

Oops, sorry for posting in wrong forum.

Seller now offered me a refund if I return comic.

Mikey

Make sure this includes return shipping. If not - call ebay direct with case number. You are entitled to return shipping if not as described

Oops, sorry for posting in wrong forum.

Seller now offered me a refund if I return comic.

Mikey

Make sure this includes return shipping. If not - call ebay direct with case number. You are entitled to return shipping if not as described

No. As pr. eBay rules, you're entitled to get a full refund which includes your original shipping charges, but return shipping is always on the buyer's dime (with some very specific exceptions - stolen goods, counterfeit items, etc).

Considering how badly overgraded the book is, the seller should definitely pick up shipping both ways - but there's no way you can force him to do so, unfortunately.

Actually, eBay will make up the difference if you follow through with the "item received not as advertised, etc." claim, but that takes forever.