• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectacular Spidey 25 should be Peter Parker: Pedophile

124 posts in this topic

Actually according to the storyline, Gwen's children have aged more rapidly because of the Osborn tainted blood. So if the children were around back when Gwen was killed, shouldn't they be much older than they are now. They should be around 40+ years old.

Two words: Traci Lords.

Who was under 18 correct? Gwen's daughter is older then that, yes?

She's 8.

8 in dog years? I haven't studied the plot, but from what I have read so far she isn't 8 years old. She is older than that. I guess I should wait and read that issue.

Actually according to the storyline, Gwen's children have aged more rapidly because of the Osborn tainted blood. So if the children were around back when Gwen was killed, shouldn't they be much older than they are now. They should be around 40+ years old.

No. "Marvel Time" isn't rooted to the dates that the books appeared on the shelves. The "past" is a moving target. Gwen Stacy didn't die in 1973 (or whatever), she died in the mid 90s. Just like Peter Parker isn't in his late 50s, etc. In this arc, they actually state as much in one of the issues when the question of the advanced aging comes up. Normally, it's just assumed.

Any chance this cover could be a memory flashback of Peter and Gwen? confused-smiley-013.gif

Unless I'm mistaken, Gwen Stacy wasn't the biggest fan of Spider-Man as she blamed him for her father's death (I could be wrong. I read these stories just once, close to twenty years ago.)

No. "Marvel Time" isn't rooted to the dates that the books appeared on the shelves. The "past" is a moving target. Gwen Stacy didn't die in 1973 (or whatever), she died in the mid 90s. Just like Peter Parker isn't in his late 50s, etc. In this arc, they actually state as much in one of the issues when the question of the advanced aging comes up. Normally, it's just assumed.

Yes but, how much time passed from the time they were children, when Gwen confronted Norman, to the time they appeared to Peter?

8 in dog years? I haven't studied the plot, but from what I have read so far she isn't 8 years old. She is older than that.

No, she's not. Just like Peter Parker isn't 60 and wasn't born in the 40s. At this point, you can assume Peter Parker was born AFTER Amazing Fantasy 15 was on the shelves, by close to ten years.

Even Reed Richards might be younger than his first appearance by now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes but, how much time passed from the time they were children, when Gwen confronted Norman, to the time they appeared to Peter?

They were born right before Gwen died.

All of this is in the ASM arc. They make a plot point of the ADVANCED aging that the kids are undergoing. They look like teenagers but likely haven't even hit double digits yet.

She's 8.

8 in dog years? I haven't studied the plot, but from what I have read so far she isn't 8 years old. She is older than that. I guess I should wait and read that issue.

She was born shortly before the story in ASM #121, which (in Marvel Time) took place about 9 years or so ago.

Gwen gave birth to her (and the boy twin) though she was only around 6 months pregnant. The babies, however, were born looking like they were full-term. By the time two years had gone by, they were already looking like they were 4-5 years old. So now, 9 years later, they both appear to be in their mid-twenties.

They were born right before Gwen died.

All of this is in the ASM arc. They make a plot point of the ADVANCED aging that the kids are undergoing. They look like teenagers but likely haven't even hit double digits yet.

So then they are not even teenagers yet, but they talk and act like adults, even though they are only 8? While all this may be true, the writer sucks for not being able to convey that they are only 8 yeras old, among other things.

She's 8.

She was born shortly before the story in ASM #121, which (in Marvel Time) took place about 9 years or so ago.

Gwen gave birth to her (and the boy twin) though she was only around 6 months pregnant. The babies, however, were born looking like they were full-term. By the time two years had gone by, they were already looking like they were 4-5 years old. So now, 9 years later, they both appear to be in their mid-twenties.

So was their aging process just physical only or also mental? So they have bodies of 20-somethings but mental are still 8 years old?

So was their aging process just physical only or also mental? So they have bodies of 20-somethings but mental are still 8 years old?

Mentally, they also seem to be in their mid-twenties. It still desn't change that they are around 9 years old.

Mentally, they also seem to be in their mid-twenties. It still desn't change that they are around 9 years old.

Why doesn't it change their apparent age? If physically they appear to be in their 20's and mentally they appear to be in their 20's. So what if the actual time age is 8 years old.

I think too much is being read into it.

Why doesn't it change their apparent age? If physically they appear to be in their 20's and mentally they appear to be in their 20's. So what if the actual time age is 8 years old.

What is "a closing arguement in an Arkansas courtroom"?

I'll take "Southern Phrases" for $1000, Alex.

sign-funnypost.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I think too much is being read into it

It's a weird cover. It should show Peter being caught offguard. As it is, it looks like Peter is sweeping her off her feet and taking her to the honeymoon suite as that pose is generally used to convey. If they pictured Peter with a WTF expression, it would be different. Even JMS has expressed dipleasure with the cover as it does not convey what actually happens.