• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spectacular Spidey 25 should be Peter Parker: Pedophile

124 posts in this topic

So was their aging process just physical only or also mental? So they have bodies of 20-somethings but mental are still 8 years old?

I do not think it really matters what mental/physical "age" she is. Gwen's daughter has only had 8 years to build up any life experiences, and just like a child prodigy in college, there are drastic differences between that and a real 20 year old college student.

Experience ages us, gives us a past, and influences who we are, and no matter the mental/physical level Gwen's daughter has achieved, she has only been on the Marvel Earth for 8 years. That makes any character trying to score with her a serious pedophile.

Even Reed Richards might be younger than his first appearance by now.

So he didn't meet Sgt. Fury during WWII? - or did WWII happen during the 1980s in the current Marvel continuity? Poor Marvel, they tried so hard, but with 40+ years of continuity, it's become so convoluted that it makes DCs efforts to reconcile the Golden Age with the Silver Age back in the 60s seem downright logical.

So was their aging process just physical only or also mental? So they have bodies of 20-somethings but mental are still 8 years old?

I do not think it really matters what mental/physical "age" she is. Gwen's daughter has only had 8 years to build up any life experiences, and just like a child prodigy in college, there are drastic differences between that and a real 20 year old college student.

Experience ages us, gives us a past, and influences who we are, and no matter the mental/physical level Gwen's daughter has achieved, she has only been on the Marvel Earth for 8 years. That makes any character trying to score with her a serious pedophile.

That is why the cover looks so bad. It makes Pete out to be the one after her. Given the daughter's life experience, it does not stretch credibility she would make a play at the man her mother loved. That is understandable. The cover depicts Peter making the play, or at least enjoying it. That is icky.

So he didn't meet Sgt. Fury during WWII? - or did WWII happen during the 1980s in the current Marvel continuity? Poor Marvel, they tried so hard, but with 40+ years of continuity, it's become so convoluted that it makes DCs efforts to reconcile the Golden Age with the Silver Age back in the 60s seem downright logical.

Obviously WW2 didn't happen in the 80s. Reed certainly isn't 80 though.

Most of the time this moving target works fine. Where they run into trouble is when they peg certain events to specific historical eras or events. Sometimes, like Cap and nick Fury (both super soldier formula) they can get away with it smoothly. Other times it's retcon or ignore it (which I guess is what they'd do with the Fury/Reed Richards meeting in WW2.)

Most of the time this moving target works fine. Where they run into trouble is when they peg certain events to specific historical eras or events. Sometimes, like Cap and nick Fury (both super soldier formula) they can get away with it smoothly.

I haven't followed Marvel's continuity that closely for 30 years, what is the Red Skull's story- is he actually 80+, or did he also stumble onto some formula for longevity, and is Sub-mariner still supposed have been a member of the WWII era Invaders?

Obviously WW2 didn't happen in the 80s. Reed certainly isn't 80 though.

Most of the time this moving target works fine. Where they run into trouble is when they peg certain events to specific historical eras or events. Sometimes, like Cap and nick Fury (both super soldier formula) they can get away with it smoothly. Other times it's retcon or ignore it (which I guess is what they'd do with the Fury/Reed Richards meeting in WW2.)

seems to me that the girl has a 20-something year old body, but emotionally, can only be between 8 and 20 years old. Just because the stupid formula aged her body prematurely, she has still only been alive and interacting with people and situations for only 8 years. But, since she was probably not gurgling "da-da" for the first 2 years like a normal baby would, she's probably just a VERY VERY precocious (and hot! forgive me--) 12 year old!! Certainly not anywhere near 20. Then again, she may be more like the hooker in Taxi Driver: she was only 12 but christ was she an OLD 12 given her life experiences... Hey - - I wonder how good Gwen's daughter is with chrome bumpers? watch out Tiger!! growwwwrl!

Most of the time this moving target works fine. Where they run into trouble is when they peg certain events to specific historical eras or events. Sometimes, like Cap and nick Fury (both super soldier formula) they can get away with it smoothly.

I haven't followed Marvel's continuity that closely for 30 years, what is the Red Skull's story- is he actually 80+, or did he also stumble onto some formula for longevity, and is Sub-mariner still supposed have been a member of the WWII era Invaders?

Before the story in the recent Captain America #1 I hadn't read more than a handful of Red Skull stories published during my lifetime (that would be post 1972) but, I'm pretty sure the Red Skull also had some sort of longevity formula or something.

I've never been a fan of Sub Mariner outside of his role as supporting player/villain in the early FFs, so I'm not the guy to ask about him.

Unknown to the world, however, the Nazi scientist Armin Zola had preserved the mind of Schmidt at death, and transferred it into a body cloned from the original Captain America. Alive again, Skull denounced Nazism as an outdated philosophy, and became determined to destroy America from within, using its own capitalism. Remaining behind the scenes as the Red Skull, he created or funded the creation of several different subversive groups, including Ultimatum, the Watchdogs, Scourge, the Resistants, and Power Brokers, Inc. Through his agent on the Senate-sanctioned "Commission," he masterminded their investigation and eventual replacement of Steve Rogers as Captain America, leading to John Walker taking up the role. The Skull then began a campaign to cause Walker's breakdown, using Walker's ever-increasing instability and violence to besmirch the reputation of Captain America. During this time, in combat with Steve Rogers (who was then known as the Captain,) Schmidt accidentally dosed himself with the Dust of Death, giving him a permanent "red skull" visage.

www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/r/redskull.htm

seems to me that the girl has a 20-something year old body, but emotionally, can only be between 8 and 20 years old. Just because the stupid formula aged her body prematurely, she has still only been alive and interacting with people and situations for only 8 years. But, since she was probably not gurgling "da-da" for the first 2 years like a normal baby would, she's probably just a VERY VERY precocious (and hot! forgive me--) 12 year old!! Certainly not anywhere near 20. Then again, she may be more like the hooker in Taxi Driver: she was only 12 but christ was she an OLD 12 given her life experiences... Hey - - I wonder how good Gwen's daughter is with chrome bumpers? watch out Tiger!! growwwwrl!

I guess I am still not understanding how you guys view this. It would seem to me if you accept the idea that Norman's enhanced blood allows Gwen's children to age rapidly, then it goes with the idea that they would mature and learn just as rapidly. So even though they have only been around for 8 years, they have the same growth a 20+ year old would. During the time the spent growing up they learned at a much more excelerated pace than someone with a normal growth pattern.

I just don't undertsand how they would attempt to explain how she is still only 8 years old without being creepy. confused-smiley-013.gif

There aren't any exceptions to the legal age of consent that says it's okay to screw around with 8 year olds that physically and mentally resemble 20 year olds. That's why it's creepy... she's legally jailbait. TECHNICALLY she may not be... but until they make a provision for accelerated aging she's a no-fly zone.

Kev

... and even though he could talk and think, the Scarlet Witch still married her favorite appliance. The Vision gave new meaning to the phrase "marital aid".

I guess I am still not understanding how you guys view this. It would seem to me if you accept the idea that Norman's enhanced blood allows Gwen's children to age rapidly, then it goes with the idea that they would mature and learn just as rapidly. So even though they have only been around for 8 years, they have the same growth a 20+ year old would. During the time the spent growing up they learned at a much more excelerated pace than someone with a normal growth pattern.

I just don't undertsand how they would attempt to explain how she is still only 8 years old without being creepy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, Pervlok, I can't believe I'm going to have to explain this to you, but...

She's CHRONOLOGICALLY 8 YEARS OLD. Are you attracted to underage girls? Do you think fourteen year-olds have "hot bodies"? Would you "do them", if given the opportunity?

Your arguments indicate that you would. The others here are trying to express that it is a sick thing and your preferences are distasteful to them.

Seek therapy. Thx.™

There aren't any exceptions to the legal age of consent that says it's okay to screw around with 8 year olds that physically and mentally resemble 20 year olds. That's why it's creepy... she's legally jailbait. TECHNICALLY she may not be... but until they make a provision for accelerated aging she's a no-fly zone.

So let me get this straight, you want to apply our real life laws to a comic book? Is that right? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

She's CHRONOLOGICALLY 8 YEARS OLD. Are you attracted to underage girls? Do you think fourteen year-olds have "hot bodies"? Would you "do them", if given the opportunity?

Your arguments indicate that you would. The others here are trying to express that it is a sick thing and your preferences are distasteful to them.

Seek therapy. Thx.™

Okay Majordense, I guess you know a lot more accelerated aged 14-year olds than I do. I don't know of a single person, minor or adult that has been aged more rapidly than normal. I am applying a comic book universe theory, not trying to explain your real life sexual habits. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Seek therapy. Thx.™

Okay Majordense, I guess you know a lot more accelerated aged 14-year olds than I do. I don't know of a single person, minor or adult that has been aged more rapidly than normal. I am applying a comic book universe theory, not trying to explain your real life sexual habits. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Did that argument help you the last time you were in front of the judge? Is that argument going to get you off The List? (Are you allowed to live near schools?)

Seek therapy. Thx.™

Did that argument help you the last time you were in front of the judge? Is that argument going to get you off The List? (Are you allowed to live near schools?)

Are you mad still that you have to register every time you visit a new city? Don't attempt to transfer you sick ways to me. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Seek therapy. Thx.™

Are you mad still that you have to register every time you visit a new city? Don't attempt to transfer you sick ways to me. 893naughty-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

I just don't undertsand how they would attempt to explain how she is still only 8 years old without being creepy

It's creepy because it looks like Peter is going for it. If it showed her making the move and he was shocked, it would be different. He knows her age. The cover is in bad taste and it shows him two-timing MJ. Another strike against it.