• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please give your opinion on Tec 34

37 posts in this topic

Please tell me what grade you would give this book. My concern is the bottom left and right corners.

Don't need to hear "buy the book, not the grade", just want to know if boardies agree with assigned CGC grade.

I have had little contact with lower grade books so I do not know if this is norm/ acceptable for assigned grade. A friend's lower grade Tec 34 presents much sharper corners than this copy but is EP as opposed to this copy MP.

Unfortunately Photobucket has reduced the size of the scan (shrug) . I uploaded a huge scan of the book to make evaluation easier.

Thanks !

DetectiveComics34_zps1a618f6a.jpg

WOOPDEEDO!

whoopdedoo.gif

gif_1.gif gif_1.gifgif_22.gifgif_0.gifgif_0.gifgif_0.gifPosts!

WOOPDEEDO!

whoopdedoo.gif

It's not like were keeping track or.... oh wait a minute yes we are keeping track of posts!

winnersmiley.gifcheerleader.gifcongratualtions.gifcheerleader2.gif

congratualtions.gif on the milestone Peter!!

I don't see much reason for it to be lower than a 7.0, but MP and EP resto books frequently need to be seen in hand to really judge why the apparent grade might be what it is.

I could see CGC giving this an 8.0 with a GA bump, even with the rounded corners, if the resto is flawless and barely MP, but it could also go the other way.

What is the nature of the restoration, as I think this is potentially more important than the assigned grade.

I don't see much reason for it to be lower than a 7.0, but MP and EP resto books frequently need to be seen in hand to really judge why the apparent grade might be what it is.

I could see CGC giving this an 8.0 with a GA bump, even with the rounded corners, if the resto is flawless and barely MP, but it could also go the other way.

What is the nature of the restoration, as I think this is potentially more important than the assigned grade.

That's just what I was thinking. It's so hard to judge a restored book, particularly using scans of a slabbed copy. Nothing between 6.5 and 8.0 would really shock me.

FWIW, and just one random data point, I feel like I've seen quite a few slabbed restored #34s in the 7.0-8.0 range. I like the book, but as it's probably the least popular of the pre-Robin covers, I'd caution against grossly overpaying.

ct, pcs added, tr seals, cleaned, reinforced

timern 7.0

oakman29 6.0-7.0

The-Collector 6.0-7.0

rjpb 8.0

Point Five 6.5-8.0

ROBTOTHEC 7.5

Mmanick 7.5

Let's try keep it to a specific grade.

If not for the rounded bottom left and right corners, I find the copy to be really nice. Deserving of the grade given...

Maybe just being OCD about the rounded corners (shrug) Just how much do they weigh in grade factored.

Unfortunately Photobucket has reduced the size of the scan

If you use their html link and enable html in your post you can get the original size you uploaded.

If you didn't know on the upload page there is a options clicky (upper right I believe) that will allow you to upload images in their original size.