• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I made a mistake on eBay as well (like 1Cool)

208 posts in this topic

Can someone explain the genesis of the "cool books" motif? I see it a lot on here, and do understand its meaning, but is there an origin or back story?

It's simple. You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you have "cool books" to sell, people will buy from and befriend you.

And defend you, as if good inventory is equivalent to good content of character.

+1

Another side of this is Deep Pockets.

You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you buy the right books from the right people, you become a "well respected member".

Indeed, the "Baller Principle". Make it rain Benjamins on a regular enough basis and you could run your house like Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, and still have people lined up to nominate you for humanitarian awards and to smooch your bright white heinie.

What is it called when someone can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if they contribute to a worthy cause here they're suddenly granted sainthood?

Indulgence?

IIRC, an indulgence was when people would give $ to the church to pay off their past sins.

What do you think CC would pay CGC to make this thread he started to disappear?

Jim

Frankly, I don't think he even cares.

Can someone explain the genesis of the "cool books" motif? I see it a lot on here, and do understand its meaning, but is there an origin or back story?

It's simple. You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you have "cool books" to sell, people will buy from and befriend you.

And defend you, as if good inventory is equivalent to good content of character.

+1

You can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if you buy the right books from the right people, you become a "well respected member".

Indeed, the "Baller Principle". Make it rain Benjamins on a regular enough basis and you could run your house like Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, and still have people lined up to nominate you for humanitarian awards and to smooch your bright white heinie.

What is it called when someone can be the biggest person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed around, but if they contribute to a worthy cause here they're suddenly granted sainthood?

Indulgence?

IIRC, an indulgence was when people would give $ to the church to pay off their past sins.

Jim

Nope. All the more reason never to buy anything from that dealer. :cloud9:

I sure am glad I don't sell comics. :cloud9:

Is this for the new people? For anyone here longer than a month they should know two things about you.

1) You don't sell comics.

2) You don't use eBay.

We should sticky that hm

Now my only goal in life is to buy a comic from Dave.

:cloud9:

I have done just that! Dave sold me a Werewolf by Night #32 a couple years back.....

+1

Indulgence?

Jim

How could he not? His name is Mud around here now.

Jim

+1

Indulgence?

Jim

Jim

If you look in the events thread, there are several people that are looking forward to buying books from his booth at Heroes Con. When he has sales threads he also seems to do well. He comes across as arrogant enough not to consider anything in this thread more than white noise. Until it affects his bottom line, I don't think he really cares.

If you look in the events thread, there are several people that are looking forward to buying books from his booth at Heroes Con. When he has sales threads he also seems to do well. He comes across as arrogant enough not to consider anything in this thread more than white noise. Until it affects his bottom line, I don't think he really cares.

Hence, "cool comics".

Columbia Comics' message to his potential customers on ebay

Order with confidence! You’ll never regret doing business with Columbia Comics! We have been serving collectors for over 10 years with great service and the highest integrity!

We strive for and attain 100% customer service satisfaction!

Guess this just a bunch of BS to get you to bid.

Least I stand behind what I say, even if other don't like my opinion/comments

This is just plain greed kicking in.

I chuckled.

Wash your hands.

The guy is a major a-hole and I really don't want to do this...but I will.

One of the biggest complaints I have with eBay is the fact that the buyers possess 99% of the power since sellers can no longer leave negative feedback.

Leaving negative feedback for buyers serves absolutely no purpose other than to satisfy the seller's desire for vengeance.

It was one of the best things eBay ever finally got around to doing (and it only took them 13 years to do it.)

Jim

it's mud until his next sales thread,

Cool books :cloud9:

Cool books sellers are easy to figure out.

It is the buyers that really need to look in the mirror.

Jim

It's mud until his next sales thread.

Exactly.

Ignore everything, never apologize, blame everyone else and come back with a celebratory thread with cheap prices and be welcomed back. :facepalm:

Columbia Comics' message to his potential customers on ebay

Order with confidence! You’ll never regret doing business with Columbia Comics! We have been serving collectors for over 10 years with great service and the highest integrity!

We strive for and attain 100% customer service satisfaction!

Guess this just a bunch of BS to get you to bid.

Least I stand behind what I say, even if other don't like my opinion/comments

This is just plain greed kicking in.

I chuckled.

I see a lot of people here talk about their "integrity". In my book, talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words. 2c

Wash your hands.

The guy is a major a-hole and I really don't want to do this...but I will.

One of the biggest complaints I have with eBay is the fact that the buyers possess 99% of the power since sellers can no longer leave negative feedback.

Leaving negative feedback for buyers serves absolutely no purpose other than to satisfy the seller's desire for vengeance.

It was one of the best things eBay ever finally got around to doing (and it only took them 13 years to do it.)

Remember the sellers who would hold feedback until they received from a buyer? That way if the buyer left a neg, the seller could retaliate with a neg.

Ignore everything

I have read every post in this thread

Reading and comprehension are two different things.

Jim

It's mud until his next sales thread.

Exactly.

Ignore everything, never apologize, blame everyone else and come back with a celebratory thread with cheap prices and be welcomed back. :facepalm:

And in some cases be welcomed back by people who spoke out against them. How quickly some forget when given the opp to buy cool books