• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Launches Mobile Cert Verification

74 posts in this topic

Certified Guaranty Company (CGC), the world’s first third-party comic book grading service, has launched a mobile version of its popular Verify CGC Certification online tool. It can be accessed at m.CGCcomics.com.

CGC has graded more than 2.6 million comics since it was founded in 2000. The grade and CGC description for every book is accessible for free through the Verify CGC Certification tool on both the mobile and full sites by inputting the unique CGC certification number that appears on the label.

Enhancements to the mobile CGC website are already planned, including the ability to purchase CGC Grader Notes, which provide grader commentary and additional insight into the grade assigned by CGC.

“The launch of the CGC mobile website is part of CGC’s commitment to provide collectors and dealers with the most information and best resources on the web,” says Paul Litch, CGC Primary Grader. “Over the next year we plan to release several new online features and make additional improvements.”

Here is some constructive criticism.

- You should have a compatible app for iOS and Android based phones.

- Like Amazon, Red Lazar and other apps you could utilize the camera to "read the barcode" of the slab to verify the book.

- If you can link the graders notes to a database then the graders notes should be free for the person that submitted them

- Like Amazon, Red Lazar and other apps you could utilize the camera to "read the barcode" of the slab to verify the book.

- If you can link the graders notes to a database then the graders notes should be free for the person that submitted them

They did just that for the coinees. Link. Link2.

The did just that for the coinees. Link. Link2.

Comics are apparently the collectibles of the hobby world not worthy of a dedicated app.

Are you on the go but want to check that certification number? Now you can; by the most contrived difficult way possible a new MOBILE site! Welcome to the world of internet on your phone circa 2005.

I took some liberties and paraphrased your statement.

Comics are apparently the collectibles of the hobby world not worthy of a dedicated app.

Or custom sets in the Registry. Luckily, www.myslabbedcomics.com filled that need.

They did just that for the coinees. Link. Link2.

After seeing this - I retract my :cool: and go with a :facepalm: as well. :sorry:

Well it makes sense…you know there are a lot of blockbuster movies about coins right now. Ever since "The Penny" came out in 2000 (some may argue "The Farthing" back in '98 was the real beginning), coin movies have been on the rise. I mean look at the super movie that came out in 2012 where they are able to combine all the European money into "The Euros"……granted that was a crossover with paper money but still i cannot believe they pulled it off. Looks like the Stamp Collectors have some catching up to do.

Certified Guaranty Company (CGC), the world’s first third-party comic book grading service, has launched a mobile version of its popular Verify CGC Certification online tool. It can be accessed at m.CGCcomics.com.

CGC has graded more than 2.6 million comics since it was founded in 2000. The grade and CGC description for every book is accessible for free through the Verify CGC Certification tool on both the mobile and full sites by inputting the unique CGC certification number that appears on the label.

Enhancements to the mobile CGC website are already planned, including the ability to purchase CGC Grader Notes, which provide grader commentary and additional insight into the grade assigned by CGC.

“The launch of the CGC mobile website is part of CGC’s commitment to provide collectors and dealers with the most information and best resources on the web,” says Paul Litch, CGC Primary Grader. “Over the next year we plan to release several new online features and make additional improvements.”

I was just thinking about when something like this would happen when I realized a few days ago that I spend much more internet time on my iPad and Android tablets then I do my laptop and pc now.

Nah I say that designation belongs to pogs or vhs tapes.

;)