• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asm 101 for sale

30 posts in this topic

I thought 99 cent starting bids attract bidders while Reserves drive them away. So, they cancel each other out?

Nope - reserve still trumps all. The starting price is meaningless when there is a reserve. I find its better to just not list it rather than put up a reserve auction.

FYI, the word descendant has a "c" in it. doh!

Try spell check before creating a user name next time.

yes I know but I wanted the same spelling as from a favorite video game of my and it just kinda stuck with me this whole time! :)

That's cool, and a fair reason to spell it that way. (thumbs u

I didn't price the book either to compare the BIN price. But if it is a good amount higher than the general OPG level, I agree it needs to be adjusted some.

I'd start in the PGM section and get a consensus on the grade, and then reprice it etc. The printers ink will have very little affect on a mid grade book, just ignore that and get the grade, and massage the price a little.

I thought 99 cent starting bids attract bidders while Reserves drive them away. So, they cancel each other out?

Nope - reserve still trumps all. The starting price is meaningless when there is a reserve. I find its better to just not list it rather than put up a reserve auction.

reserve + Canada, well that's tough. but its of course up to each individual seller though on how to sell.

Not to mind your own business, but I think this copy could fare better either if proposed at a fixed price or with a higher starting bid (if selling on eBay).

There is always interest in #101 and if fairly priced it should go quick: always a risk to start an auction at 0.99, IMO. :)

I put a reserve price on it, I list it before at 400 obo and no one even gave me an offer!

$400 or $40.00?

$400 obo

Well, there's your reason. A Fine to F/VF copy usually sells in the $70-$90 range.

Plus, that copy looks more like a VG, which checks in at the $50-$70 range.

I know when I start an auction at 99 cents that's usually where it ends at!

if it doesn't sell after 3 times at the price I want for feebay I'll just list it here!

1Cool is right: before the book gained steam I paid about $110 for a VF+ copy (which is more a VFNM). A nice midgrade like yours should go for the price he suggested. :)

my reserve price on it is 80 dollars which I think is fair!

FYI, the word descendant has a "c" in it. doh!

Try spell check before creating a user name next time.

yes I know but I wanted the same spelling as from a favorite video game of my and it just kinda stuck with me this whole time! :)

That's cool, and a fair reason to spell it that way. (thumbs u

I didn't price the book either to compare the BIN price. But if it is a good amount higher than the general OPG level, I agree it needs to be adjusted some.

I'd start in the PGM section and get a consensus on the grade, and then reprice it etc. The printers ink will have very little affect on a mid grade book, just ignore that and get the grade, and massage the price a little.

I don't know about that I messaged cgc and they said it affects the grade of the comic depending how bad it is!

Not to mind your own business, but I think this copy could fare better either if proposed at a fixed price or with a higher starting bid (if selling on eBay).

There is always interest in #101 and if fairly priced it should go quick: always a risk to start an auction at 0.99, IMO. :)

I put a reserve price on it, I list it before at 400 obo and no one even gave me an offer!

$400 or $40.00?

$400 obo

Well, there's your reason. A Fine to F/VF copy usually sells in the $70-$90 range.

Plus, that copy looks more like a VG, which checks in at the $50-$70 range.

my reserve price is 80 dollars!