• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest non golden age comics?
3 3

82 posts in this topic

I am obsessed with rare comics and since the rarest of the rare are mostly golden age, that is what I mostly collect. I have a great collection of rare stuff. I have been collecting rarities for 20 years. But I want to know what are the rarest non golden age. This is something that I am not as familiar with. Here is my top ten list I have compiled.

1. Porky pig 99 I think this exists

2. Pow biff pops If you really want one, there is one on Amazon for $2000

3. Supergear comics I know of two Overstreet advisers that have copies.

4. Superman 408 superhombre variant I know a Overstreet adviser has one

5. Miracle on broadway This is the only one on the list I have.

6. Batman Rain-Blo giveaway Never seen one but I think they are out there

7. 1980 Special Olympics coaches manual I have only seen one

8. Archie's madhouse 22 15 cent variant Never seen one

9. Kid colt outlaw 220 35 cent variant Never seen one

10. A medal for Bowzer One board member has one

What do you guys think?

miracle001.jpg

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #12 Commemorative variant (celebrating 1,000,000 MLP comics sold), limited to a total print run of 12 copies.

I only know because my daughter won it in the IDW coloring contest (seriously it's for my daughter). :grin:

My buddy won the OA for the MLP Abbey Road cover....$40 in raffle tickets....SCORE

I am obsessed with rare comics and since the rarest of the rare are mostly golden age, that is what I mostly collect. I have a great collection of rare stuff. I have been collecting rarities for 20 years. But I want to know what are the rarest non golden age. This is something that I am not as familiar with. Here is my top ten list I have compiled.

1. Porky pig 99 I think this exists

2. Pow biff pops If you really want one, there is one on Amazon for $2000

3. Supergear comics I know of two Overstreet advisers that have copies.

4. Superman 408 superhombre variant I know a Overstreet adviser has one

5. Miracle on broadway This is the only one on the list I have.

6. Batman Rain-Blo giveaway Never seen one but I think they are out there

7. 1980 Special Olympics coaches manual I have only seen one

9. Kid colt outlaw 220 35 cent variant Never seen one

10. A medal for Bowzer One board member has one

What do you guys think?

Superman409SuperhombreCGC9.6.jpg

:grin:

Here you go :)

amh22_zps668ee2ad.jpg

<a  href=TCAdvanceEdition.jpg' alt='TCAdvanceEdit

Not highly sought after but one of the rarest comics is the Treasure Chest Teachers Edition. These were given only to teachers, who were mostly nuns. This was a promo issue to introduce comics to the class room. Not many of these survived. Overstreet doesn't even mention this comic in its guide.

I am obsessed with rare comics and since the rarest of the rare are mostly golden age, that is what I mostly collect. I have a great collection of rare stuff. I have been collecting rarities for 20 years. But I want to know what are the rarest non golden age.

What do you guys think?

There are so many rare comics...It is what makes comic book collecting so challenging yet rewarding.

Yet it makes comic book collecting unique among collectibles.

With stamp and coin collecting, many rarities are well known, since the production of stamps and coins is generally limited to government agencies.

But thousands of different businesses, agencies, and individuals have produced comic books. So many really rare comic books are pretty much unknown to most collectors.

The fact that so many rare comic books are almost unknown works both for and against them as collectibles.

Since they are relatively unknown, some really rare comic books can sometimes be found cheaply.

Some rare comic books become well-known and prices rise accordingly, like the Superman Bradman comic book. But many others still fly under the radar. Because collectors who are still hunting for them aren't likely to promote news of their existence. ;)

Here are just a few comics I've seen only once or twice over the years. Feel free to tell me they are common as dirt...

I'd also love to see other people's rare comics. That would be a lot more interesting than stories of inept eBaying... (thumbs u

First, Wings Comics movie prop produced by DC for Spielberg's 1987 film of the J.G. Ballard story Empire Of The Sun. DC produced a cover and some interior pages and married them to a copy of a Superman comic. Don't know how many copies they produced...

Below is the cover and a couple stills from the movie showing Christian (Batman) Bale reading it, and then John Malkovich taking it from him and looking at it. Note how the character on the cover of the comic resembles Malkovich's character, foreshadowing his appearance...

147992.jpg.8786571f1ae8e5a0888f5193b47dd182.jpg

147993.jpg.2d6d9a3eb18895e937d049135ab0ff38.jpg

147994.jpg.8cecdbae8ab4151d37ac0731564661b8.jpg

147995.jpg.43fb7f51f771390d3ba4a784d06cc791.jpg