• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery #13 For Sale

16 posts in this topic

Took the words right out of my mouth. You buying Timely, Nedor, or both?

I buy both, but am somewhat of a scavenger. I buy Nedors with covers I like in 3.0 - 4.5 when I can find them cheap. As for Timelys, it's mostly 1943-1945 Marvel Mysteries, as I think they are a better value than most other Timely books.

Took the words right out of my mouth. You buying Timely, Nedor, or both?

I buy both, but am somewhat of a scavenger. I buy Nedors with covers I like in 3.0 - 4.5 when I can find them cheap. As for Timelys, it's mostly 1943-1945 Marvel Mysteries, as I think they are a better value than most other Timely books.

Did you see that Exciting #30 that ended on eBay a few days ago? Great cover. The seller had it graded at fair as the cover was detached, but otherwise it looked quite nice, although the pic was very small. If I remember correctly, that book has a Gerber Index of 8. Very tough.

That Exciting 30 is just the kind of book I look for. I think I saw the low feedback rating of the seller, and the word Fair in the description and moved on. If i'd realized it was a Gerber 8, I might have considered it.

Another company with some nice Schomburg war covers is Harvey - but they often go for over guide.

That Exciting 30 is just the kind of book I look for. I think I saw the low feedback rating of the seller, and the word Fair in the description and moved on. If i'd realized it was a Gerber 8, I might have considered it.

Another company with some nice Schomburg war covers is Harvey - but they often go for over guide.

Which titles from Harvey? I haven't seen those...

Which titles from Harvey? I haven't seen those...

All New 5 thru 11, and Green Hornet 15 and 17-23 and Speed Comics 31-36 feature Schomburg covers. One of the Heritage auctions within the last year or so had an original Schomburg Speed cover for sale... cloud9.gif

Congrats on the quick sale - very reasonable price! I hope your Subby gets snapped up at the BIN price as well. I hope the lack of response this time around doesn't stop you from listing GA on the boards in the future.