• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashes to Ashes ... Halfway there.

8 posts in this topic

As you can probably tell I am a huge Bruce Campbell / Evil Dead / AOD fan. I love the art that Nick B. has done for the Ashes 2 Ashes series so I figured I would start collecting them to gawk at for all time, 27_laughing.gif. I actually have all the issues, variants, special promos so far (at least that have been released) but only these ones are slabbed. Anyways, enjoy!

-Issue 1 Standard editions-

a2a_1.jpg

-Issue 1 Retail En. / Silver Foil Tour / B & W En.-

a2a_s1.jpg

-Issue 2 Standard editions-

a2a_2.jpg

-Issue 2 Special Ed B & W covers -

a2a_s2.jpg

I also have two signature series on the way. But they are enroute from Canada....so confused-smiley-013.gif.

-Brian

Very cool 9.8 collection going there! thumbsup2.gif

That issue # 2 with the skeletons pulling Ash down is my favorite cover of the bunch.

What's it about? Is it a retelling of the movie or an original story?

...and I thought _I_ liked the new AOD series! hail.gif

Nice set you've got going there wasabi. I expect to see a shot of your completed set when it's all finished!

I've gotten a few of the variant covers myself, mainly because I love the Bradshaw artwork, and because some of those covers are just gorgeous! I wish I could afford more of them, but there are soooo many comics....and my wallet is only so big. insane.gif

I actually traded a couple of extra 'The Walking Dead' back-issues that I had for the black issue #1 dealer 'thank-you' edition, so I lucked out there.

Jayman: This new series actually takes place _right_ after the conclusion of the 'Army Of Darkness' movie, so it's a whole new game! This is a 4-issue series that just saw issue #3 hit the stands. However, there's ANOTHER mini starting up right after it; Shop Till You Drop, so there's more to come! I love the story and interior art, which is luscious to say the least. I honestly don't think you'd be disappointed in picking up some to read...especially if you were a fan of the movies.

Thanks guys! Rob, there are a few times I got a good laugh out loud (with a weird look from the wife) throughout the series. I usually (in fact RARELY) collect variants just because of general principles but I completely threw that rule out the window for this AOD series. Or for any series that is about AOD. Three issues so far and look:

Preview - Wizard World JC Flip Cover

Sketch - Wizard World Sketchbook

1A - Photo Cover

1B - Campbell Cover

1C - Silvestri Cover

1D - Templesmith Cover

1E - Necronomicon Cover

1F - Campbell Sketch Cover

1G - "Thank You" Incentive Cover

1H - Dynamic Forces Red Foil Photo Cover

1I - Glow in the Dark Cover

1J - Silver Foil Photo Cover

1K - Silver Foil Campbell Cover

1L - Silver Foil Silvestri Cover

1M - Silver Foil Templesmith Cover

1N - Alternate Photo Cover

1O - Directors Cut Cover

1P - Directors Cut Rainbow Foil Cover

2A - Bradshaw Cover

2B - Isanove Cover

2c - Land Cover

2D - Photo Cover

2E - Land Sketch Cover

2F - Isanove Sketch Cover

2G - Dynamic Forces Exclusive Photo Cover

3A - Bradshaw Cover

3B - Lopestri Cover

3C - Oeming Cover

3D - Photo Cover

3E - Lopestri Sketch Cover

3F - Oeming Sketch Cover

31 different books! So far I have all but one (Rainbow Foil) raw, but only the above ones slabbed.

-Brian

Wow.

I had no idea that there were THAT many covers! wooooooooooooooooooooooo! insane.gif

I'm curious though; did you send those all in for slabbing...or did you buy them like that?

Inquiring minds want to know! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bought every single one of them. My LCS sucks when it comes to getting any type of bulk group of moderns to sift through for cherrypicking. It ended up costing me less buying them, which works for me.

-Brian