• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Comics #20 from 1941 Price drop

29 posts in this topic

Just one book tonight. Marvel Mystery Comics #20.

First :takeit: on the boards or in a PM wins.

a :takeit: trumps all other negociations.

Priority boxed shipping in the US is free. I will gladly ship elsewhere, but shipping is at my cost - $10.

Shipping must include a signature to be covered for my insurance, even if it's out of the US.

I pay for private insurance and that's included as well as tracking.

I accept Paypal, MO's, checks and possibly granite countertops;)

This listing is good till 8 pm tonight.

I will accept time payments. 20% non refundable downpayment due within 7 days, after that you have till the August 20th to pay.

No HOS or Probies please.

For sale is Marvel Mystery #20, 1941, Schomburg,war/Nazi cover. Origin of the Angel. Ad for Cap 3 on the back.

As for the grade, I'd say it's an apparent Fine+ (6.5 )with slight A and maybe a chance at an apparent Fine/VF (7.0.) Price is $1025.00 $899 Take off 3% if you pay by check or MO.

It's really nice in person. Pages are very supple, probably OW , but I've been sending in books that I think are OW that are coming back lighter. Should be in that range though.

Cover colors are brilliant...but there is slight color touch at the top staple. I think the color can be removed . A small piece would have to be cut, but I won't do that, it's as is.. I see it at the upper staple, but not the top right, that appears to be a scanner artifact. However, I'm not a super expert. There is what I believe to be a drop of glue at the bottom staple. I think that could be removed as well. I've owned this for a while and never felt the need to fix it.

There are 3 pieces of tape on the inside of the spine, about 1.5 inch each. Looks like they were put there as protection, but the cover might have been removed to put them there. I THINK but do not know, that the tape is archival. It's not staining.

The book came from an OO collection and the owner fixed up some of them. He bought them for 10 cents and he played with them. He was pretty careful.

I was not planning on selling this, but I'm doing some kitchen upgrades and ...I keep picking out the too expensive stuff, (hence the granite;). I'll probably sell a few more books to trade for my upgrades;) It will take me a while to figure out what I can part with.

marvelmystery20_0001.jpg

marvelmystery20_0002.jpg

When you sent me that box of Jimmies, how come this wasn't in there, too? :grin:
:o

Jimmies are those chocolate sprinkles you put on ice cream cones;)

Ice Cream cones? :o