• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geoffrey Patterson...owner of Geoffrey's Comics has passed away.

31 posts in this topic

I've always wanted to go to his shop and see his house but never had the chance. Geoffrey loved comics.

I did have a conversation with him once via email and he was very cordial.

RIP, Geoffrey. The world of comics just lost a lot of passion. :(

The store used to have 2 arcade games, love it, Marvel vs capcom.

Beside his comic house, his wedding is also unique, all his guests were dressed in superheroes uniforms; this is back in 80s or something. There is a video interview from the local news, very dedicated and passion about his comic books. The video also shows the inside of his house if I remember correctly.

RIP

Sorry to hear about this, Geoffrey was definitely one of the more unique comic dealers I've met over the years

Is Ted the other one? (shrug):roflmao:

I wouldn't put Ted into the Geoffrey category.

Ted's superpowers are the english language and his berating of customers using 25 cent words that they don't understand.

Or threatening to beat up customers with their umbrella's.

He let me put my framed BWS print of Pandora up on his wall for over a month. I was hoping to sell it, but I guess my $100 asking price was too high. That was in the mid 80's.

Cool and friendly guy who wasn't just trying to make a buck but loved comics himself . RIP

BWSpandora2_zps3d858888.jpg

Mr. Patterson gave me a solid deal on some boxes of mixed SA and BA comics. I did send some in to CGC and got favorable results.

He did have a stash of sorts for certain Customers. He was fair, fairer than most, and he and I got along very well.

I never met his children. The day two of them were supposed to be dropping off stuff at the shop something happened, I don't recall right now, but I left before they got there.

I also recall his stash of GA comics, but nothing like a Key Batman #1, etc. I got several Roy Rogers and other Dell comics from him.

So Long, Geoffrey…

CAL and family wishes you the best forever….