• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post those awesome 8.0s, 8.5s, 9.0s and 9.2s!!!

269 posts in this topic

BTW, is anyone besides me concerned that the inner wells on a high proportion of cgc slabs are not completely flat? The slight warping is what shows up on my scanned images as bleached blotches. Still, it won't stop me from posting a few slabs, so here goes:

This one is undergraded, making me suspect that the lead grader felt like being a harda$$ that day...(I know, I know, my books are undergraded, and everyone behind bars is innocent, see?)

Two small spine stresses and a fuzzy ULC = 8.5 frown.gif

X4.jpg

First Agent of Shield:

Two small spine stresses and a fuzzy ULC = 9.2 thumbsup2.gif

st135.jpg

BTW, is anyone besides me concerned that the inner wells on a high proportion of cgc slabs are not completely flat? The slight warping is what shows up on my scanned images as bleached blotches. Still, it won't stop me from posting a few slabs, so here goes:

This one is undergraded, making me suspect that the lead grader felt like being a harda$$ that day...(I know, I know, my books are undergraded, and everyone behind bars is innocent, see?)

Two small spine stresses and a fuzzy ULC = 8.5 frown.gif

X4.jpg

takeit.gif

Very nice books. Unless you're selling, who cares what the label says anyway. wink.gif

I just pulled the trigger on this book from HGC. It's got much better eye appeal than any 9.4 I've seen offered for sale, and it cost half as much.

(Payment is on the way, Bob.)

ff11292.jpg

We love excessive posting in the thread, especially when the books are that nice!

All I can say is that if someone starts a thread for 9.4+ SA books, I won't be able to contribute much. However, a 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5 thread would be right up my alley. thumbsup2.gif

Very nice books. Unless you're selling, who cares what the label says anyway. wink.gif

I just pulled the trigger on this book from HGC. It's got much better eye appeal than any 9.4 I've seen offered for sale, and it cost half as much.

(Payment is on the way, Bob.)

ff11292.jpg

Very nice book, love those Hulk vs. Thing covers, would love to find one raw 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Some recent pickups:

ff49-90.jpg

asm54-90.jpg

asm77-85.jpg

asm113-90.jpg

asm121-80.jpg

This one has the Mark Jewelers' insert

asm129-92.jpg

This is an 8.5 VF+ because of a thumbnail sized dent/surface impression on the lower edge of the front cover.

perfectcrime5-85.jpg

Those are some great books! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, Doiby. I got the Perfect Crime #5 from Redbeard at WonderCon. He gave me a nice deal on it because we're both scuba fans! cloud9.gif Interesting story - this book was sitting near a raw Edgar Church book in his high grade boxes. First raw Church copy I have ever held in my hands, but I was so excited that I've since forgotten which book the Church copy was. 27_laughing.gif All I remember is that it had a black cover and snow white pages.

yay.gif