• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post those awesome 8.0s, 8.5s, 9.0s and 9.2s!!!

269 posts in this topic

Didn't you post another DT a while back? I liked the artwork on that cover too. I recall commenting out retro-current-cool it looked. Same here!

Red

Didn't you post another DT a while back? I liked the artwork on that cover too. I recall commenting out retro-current-cool it looked. Same here!

Red

You have a great memory. I posted the same book on the Tracy Thread circa 28 May or 29 May 2005, which I purchased on 23 May 2005. today, I received the book as well as the Sad Sack #1 and posted it to this thread after I saw how nice the book looks in person. One of the pitfalls of living in Japan is the time it takes to receive our mail. mad.gif I purchased the book from warehouseauctioncenters, which I highly recommend. thumbsup2.gif

Red

Incidently, I believe the original art for this Tracy # 100 sold sometime within the last year. I believe there were about ten consecutive covers that were painted. I own the original art to the covers for 101 and 108. If I recollect correctly, someone purchased this original cover art for quite a bargain - circa $500.

Thought I'd post this before freeing it from it's plastic tomb...

Great story by the way...Human bombs trying to kill the Vision, an android, because he's having relations with a human. One of my favorite childhood stories... cloud9.gif

aven113mj.jpg

Jim

Hee hee, is there anything busier than a Bronze Age Sal Buscema cover? Holy frijoles, my eyeballs are getting whiplash trying to figure out the focal point on this cover.... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think you'll find that the artist is Rich Buckler... poke2.gif

Who obviously also had a problem with focal points...

Non color-breaking indentations near the top of the spine? CGC hates indentations a heck of alot more than they do off-centered staples, a cover miswrap, or a miscut book.

Here's another tough one for finding the defects:

FF45.jpg

And here's one with the dreaded indentation along the spine. I love covers in which the characters and action are so big that they partially obscure the title logo:

IronMan9.jpg

Another raw purchase, this one courtesy Ted at Superworld. Anyone else have in their collections early Silver Age books with a pencilled "R" on the front cover? 'Cause they're really sweet.

JIM93.jpg