• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Casey Kasem - The voice of Shaggy! (1932–2014)

32 posts in this topic

I saw this earlier this morning and remembered listening to the top 40 every week when I was a kid and using my single deck AM/FM stereo to record songs...

(thumbs u I'd record parts of American Top 40 and the King Biscuit Flower Hour whenever I had spare cassette tapes, ca. 1976 - 1982 or so. It was a great era for rock radio, and Casey was a big part of it...

I did the same thing (thumbs u

Good memories. RIP Casey

I never put together that Casey Kasem was Shaggy! RIP Casey

lol - That was a Stern prank as you can hear Howard and Robin laughing in the background.

lol - That was a Stern prank as you can hear Howard and Robin laughing in the background.

big Howard Stern fan here and all I ever think of when I hear Casey Kasem are the clips where he flips out and the prank phone call. Great Stuff!

big Howard Stern fan here and all I ever think of when I hear Casey Kasem are the clips where he flips out and the prank phone call. Great Stuff!

His meltdown about Snuggles the dog is the stuff of legend. :cloud9: