• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Boxes (No Purchase Necessary) Gifting Round Rules posted

336 posts in this topic

twd1front_zps90b81251.jpg

twd1back_zps4d753304.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Okay so here's the drill, we're going to do this straight up and legit and in accordance with all rules of these CGC forums. So no chasing books this time around. We're going to be fair to everyone that purchases one of these boxes.

So first things first...HOS/PROBs...You're out!!!

What I am offering at $150 shipped inside the US is a flat rate medium sized box with comics in it...these comics could be in the form of raw, slabbed, or TPBs or graphic novels. Value of the contents will be at or above the purchase price. I'm shipping flat rate because these boxes tend to get a little heavy.

Thread open to those outside the US but you will pay anything over $14 it costs me to ship you a flat rate medium priority mail box.

There will be 20 Mystery Boxes available. When all 20 have sold, that's it for this thread. No more boxes in this offering no matter how many have sold.

Examples of what you might receive include 30-50 $3ish modern/copper books which would then also have a few key and/or semi key books mixed in. I don't have a lot of no name stuff so you won't be getting a box full of Quasar 13s or anything crazy like that.

You might also receive TPBs and/or Graphic Novels.

I've sent out some pretty good raw and slabbed books in the past with these, but I don't want anyone to think that they're going to be getting the moon and stars in one of these boxes. Heck I've even pulled stuff down from ebay to add it to a mystery box, so that's even a possibility.

Some examples of key/semi key books I've sent out in the past include raw and graded X Factor 6s, New Mutants 98s, ASM 194, ASM 300, ASM 361-363, Man of Steel 18, Nowhere Men 1, Saga 1, Walking Dead 1, Walking Dead 53, Walking Dead 48, etc etc...but these are all examples only. Obviously no one box will be nothing but keys/semi keys, I wish I could be Daddy Warbucks like that, but I can't!

The majority of what I have is Marvel/DC because that's what I collect, with a nice sprinkling of Image here and there.

Now the good thing here is that IF for some reason you're not happy with your contents then I'm willing to work out a fair resolution. I've not had too much trouble in the past with these so I'm looking for that to continue to be the trend.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY Gift round begins June 29th. Read further for details.

Any questions or concerns please PM me. Thanks for stopping by!

Or if you're not big into PMs, feel free to thread krap or post questions here. Thanks again for stopping by!

Update: I'll just go ahead and reveal. If you're not purchasing and want to be involved in the round of gifting after the thread sells out just post some birthday flowers. :foryou: I stop counting flowers after 20th box sold.

So now I just need to see :takeit: x 20 to get this thing going!

Gifting Round-In this round someone in this thread has the opportunity to claim Walking Dead 1 at a signigicant discount (possibly free) raw Walking Dead 1. Grade is high grade easily 9.4, probably 9.6 at best.

Purchasing a mystery box will not increase your chances of getting The Walking Dead 1. Free participants stop being added once 20 sell. Odds can not be determined until all boxes are sold.

Okay so here's what we're going to do about that Walking Dead 1: My cost was $1,000. I'll knock $50 off that for every mystery box that sells. As of right now thirteen have sold so when it becomes available the price tag will be $350. Seven more sell and it will be free!

It can not be claimed until my actual birthday which is June 29th. It must be claimed on or after 6:36 PM Central time. Closest to that time stamp gets it. It can only be claimed by either a purchaser of a mystery box or by someone who posted the birthday flowers. No one else will be eligible.

Additionally I will give away one flat rate envelope containing comics for every one box that sells. Also can not be claimed until gifting round starts June 29th at 6:36 PM central time. Same shipping restrictions as above. I cover domestic costs...international pays difference. Currently thirteen boxes sold so thirteen free envelopes.

Ten boxes have sold making X Factor 6 CGC 9.8 up for grabs free when gifting round starts on June 29th at 6:36 PM central.

If fifteen boxes sell I will give away a raw high grade New Mutants 98. If fifteen boxes have not sold then book will not be available. Gifting round on June 29th starting at 6:36 PM Central.

If twenty boxes sell I will give away two copies (separately) of Amazing Spider-Man 300. If twenty do not sell then books not available. Gifting round June 29th 6:36 PM Central.

ONLY ONE ITEM PER PERSON WHEN GIFTING ROUND STARTS!

Good luck!

If 24 hours pass without a Mystery Box selling. Consider the sales phase over, no more purchases or flowers accepted at that point. Gifting round begins 6:36 PM on June 29th.

-------------Update

Gifting Round Rules:

1. First person that claims at item on or after 6:36 PM CENTRAL on June 29, 2014 gets it.

2. To participate you must have posted the :takeit: or :foryou: in the thread prior to sales round ending.

3. Please do not start posting at 6:35 PM hoping to be first. Multiple early posts may disqualify you. I'll let one accidental post slide. I will be watching so don't try being slick and posting a hundred times and deleting.

4. Claim only one item per post. Multiple items in one post will disqualify you. You may attempt multiple items but each item must have a separate post.

5. You can only receive one item in gifting round no matter how many you are first to claim on.

6. NO EDITS ALLOWED! Any edits and you are disqualified.

7. I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone that I feel may be attempting to claim a prize after bashing Mystery Boxes in a Comics General or Sales General Discussion thread recently. I have a list of those opposed to Mystery Boxes per their own words and I will not reward someone who I feel is participating out of greed or I feel would be displaying a strong level of hypocrisy by participating in this thread now.

Shipping free in US. You must pay for shipping difference to you if outside the US.

Items available in gifting round.

13 mystery envelopes

CGC 9.8 X Factor 6

The Walking Dead 1 your price $350 in the US shipped. (International can claim but must pay shipping difference)

Thanks and Good Luck!

Here's a hint about the wrap up of this thread. I recently bought a book on the boards to help someone that was part of a layoff...that book is center stage for the birthday gifting that will take place at the conclusion of this thread.

Here's a hint about the wrap up of this thread. I recently bought a book on the boards to help someone that was part of a layoff...that book is center stage for the birthday gifting that will take place at the conclusion of this thread.
making it tough on me---- im pretty sure I know the book---- :o

:ohnoez: