• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA DETECTIVE COMICS #65, CGC 6.5 Simon&Kirby + MORE

32 posts in this topic

Just two books tonight.

First :takeit: on the boards or in a PM wins.

a :takeit: trumps all other negotiations.

Priority boxed shipping in the US is free. I will gladly ship elsewhere, but shipping is at my cost - $10.

Any shipping over for an item over $250, must include a signature to be covered for my insurance, even if it's out of the US.

I pay for private insurance and that's included as well as tracking.

I accept Paypal, MO's, checks and possibly granite countertops;)

I will accept time payments. 20% non refundable downpayment due within 7 days, after that you have till the August 20th to pay.

No HOS or Probies please.

First book.

Green Lantern #6 from 1943. Metro lists this as scarce. It IS scarce. I bought this book when PGX was new and I had no clue about the difference. It was in a Blue label (4.5) had a slight spine roll, so I had it pressed and slabbed by CGC.

It came back as a qualified 5.0, it's missing 1/2 a page. It took me a while to figure out why I sent in a book missing 1/2 a page, lol..then I realized I had sent it in the slab.

So...here it is, really nice colors, and the price is less than I paid maybe 10 years ago. If you are collecting GA GLs this is a reasonably priced copy. $315 $250.

greenlantern60002.jpg

greenlantern60001.jpg

Startling Comics #1, is also not easy to find. I had it listed once before at a much higher price, then I found out the last sale showed on GPA for much less. I don't believe I purchased it on the internet, I'm pretty sure I bought it at show (not that it matters) I know there is still a sticker on it. Anyway, it SHOULD fit into the new conserved label.

A very nice looking 1.5 slight P from 1940, with a detached cover, and one tear seal. It's marked slightly brittle, but that might be the missing corner on the back.

Bin is $250 shipped. Sold

startlingcomics10001.jpg

startlingcomics10002.jpg

Someone had a question about the restoration. Since the cover is detached, it certainly should not lower the grade if you remove the tear seal. You should have a blue label.

The label is marked professional and you are supposed to be able to remove a professional tear seal. At this grade, I think you would be safe.

I'm not advocating removing the tear seal. It's a pretty book and just about 75 years old, it's nice and safe in it's case.

In any case, CGC has changed their stance on tear seals and should just just have it regraded, it should come back in the new "Conserved " label.

Startling Comics #1, is also not easy to find. I had it listed once before at a much higher price, then I found out the last sale showed on GPA for much less. I don't believe I purchased it on the internet, I'm pretty sure I bought it at show (not that it matters) I know there is still a sticker on it. Anyway, it SHOULD fit into the new conserved label.

A very nice looking 1.5 slight P from 1940, with a detached cover, and one tear seal. It's marked slightly brittle, but that might be the missing corner on the back.

Bin is $250 shipped.

startlingcomics10001.jpg

startlingcomics10002.jpg

:takeit: via PM

Bin is $250 shipped.

startlingcomics10001.jpg

startlingcomics10002.jpg

Thank you, Mike...sold!

Bin is $250 shipped.

startlingcomics10001.jpg

startlingcomics10002.jpg

Very nice pickup! :applause:

Thanks, David:)

Granite, lol...Trust me Thomas, they were a chunk of change...who knew;)

I kept saying I could buy a decent Wonder Woman 1 instead of having a kitchen, but

my friends thought I was teasing. :shrug:

I'm scanning a Frazetta Famous Funnies

Famous Funnies #210

6.0, C/OW .The book has been pressed by Joey Post. It looked decent before, nice color and gloss.

I am going to try and scan the label. My apologies for my 12 year old scanner. My newer one, does not do slabs.

$615 SOLD

famousfunnies0001.jpg

famousfunnies2100002.jpg