• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS loses two high-value books, Bat #49 and GL #1, please keep an eye out!

133 posts in this topic

Not sure if collect insure would cover this in any case since it was signed for and delivered according to the post office.

No, they admit that there's no signature on the proof of delivery.

With this being the case, I don't see how USPS can just make you pay for their obvious, costly mistake. Hope it works out the way it should.

I didn't read through the entire thread but if you haven't done so call the Local post office for that zip code and speak to the supervisor there. That 1-800 number is a call center, they don't know anything. Sometimes the 1-800 operator will give you the direct number or you can try to do a google search for the number as well. You will need to call 1st thing in the morning before they open. Once the doors open, most branches will not pick up the phone.

Most of the time, the carrier will recall what happened to the package.

The other thing, is just call around to NYC, Queens, Brooklyn and Bronx comic shops. If you need help with a list I can see what I can queue up. But there are more resourceful board members than myself.

In the meantime, I will scout CL everyday just in case they turn up there.

Good luck getting the forwarded to CCL or returned.

Thanks for your help. The folks at CC are meeting with the carrier and an inspector on Monday. I hope the carrier remembers the package, but he must deliver a ton of packages in NYC.

Good, this really affects there business and I am sure they don't want it to happen again. *fingers crossed* that the carrier recall what happened and the package is recovered.

I googled the most common J I could think of 'John Hitcher' there's not a single hit. I am pretty sure it's a made up name, I like the idea of the GPS where was the truck at the delivery time idea....

On Saturday, June 7th, I shipped my Green Lantern #1 CGC 8.0 MP and Batman #49 CGC 8.5 to ComicConnect's New York office, USPS Priority Mail with signature confirmation. On Monday, June 16th, ComicConnect notified me that they had not received the package.Tracking shows that it was delivered to someone named J HITCHER on Monday, June 9th. ComicConnect does not employ anyone with that name.

I sent a package to them a few days ago:

"Your item was delivered at 11:38 am on June 19, 2014 in NEW YORK, NY 10003. The item was signed for by L HOCKSTEIN BAKER."

Damn you think this Hicher (probably a fake name) dude was standing around their office knowing they get expensive comics delivered to there and pretended to be a employe?

Signed for it, then walked away....

:eek:

I googled the most common J I could think of 'John Hitcher' there's not a single hit. I am pretty sure it's a made up name, I like the idea of the GPS where was the truck at the delivery time idea....

I posted this earlier in the parallel thread over in Gold: interestingly, there's a John Hitcher in Garfield, NJ...right across the Hudson...lots of folks live over there and drive into the city for work.... hm

If I were a detective working the case, I'd send a squad car to Garfield just to check it out :D

I posted this earlier in the parallel thread over in Gold: interestingly, there's a John Hitcher in Garfield, NJ...right across the Hudson...lots of folks live over there and drive into the city for work.... hm

If I were a detective working the case, I'd send a squad car to Garfield just to check it out :D

:popcorn:

On Saturday, June 7th, I shipped my Green Lantern #1 CGC 8.0 MP and Batman #49 CGC 8.5 to ComicConnect's New York office, USPS Priority Mail with signature confirmation. On Monday, June 16th, ComicConnect notified me that they had not received the package.Tracking shows that it was delivered to someone named J HITCHER on Monday, June 9th. ComicConnect does not employ anyone with that name.

I sent a package to them a few days ago:

"Your item was delivered at 11:38 am on June 19, 2014 in NEW YORK, NY 10003. The item was signed for by L HOCKSTEIN BAKER."

Damn you think this Hicher (probably a fake name) dude was standing around their office knowing they get expensive comics delivered to there and pretended to be a employe?

Signed for it, then walked away....

:eek:

Here's what doesn't make sense to me. ComicConnect must get numerous packages each day. How could Hitcher have signed for only mine? Makes me think it somehow got separated from the rest of the packages going to CC and was delivered to a completely different building. I can't decide if the mail carrier was incompetent or complicit.

I found an email address for him and shot off an email. I'll let you know if he responds.

Thanks!

Jeff, did you talk to the PO in that local? The postal carrier might remember where the books were dropped.

Did ComicConnect ask their carrier-'hey did you-'

First thing I would do is call the local carrier / post office. I've had stuff like this happen before and it's been straightened out this way. They are human and have good and bad days.

My first instinct is to say that it's probably an innocent mistake that will get sorted out.

Good luck, Jeff.

:(

:wishluck:

I mean it seems like the day after they found out about it when the carrier showed up they would ask him about it.

Did ComicConnect ask their carrier-'hey did you-'

First thing I would do is call the local carrier / post office. I've had stuff like this happen before and it's been straightened out this way. They are human and have good and bad days.

My first instinct is to say that it's probably an innocent mistake that will get sorted out.

Good luck, Jeff.

:(

:wishluck:

Thanks, Roy. I haven't spoken to the local post office, but Fishler is meeting with the carrier and an inspector on Monday. Hopefully, that meeting will bear fruit. :wishluck:

On Saturday, June 7th, I shipped my Green Lantern #1 CGC 8.0 MP and Batman #49 CGC 8.5 to ComicConnect's New York office, USPS Priority Mail with signature confirmation. On Monday, June 16th, ComicConnect notified me that they had not received the package.Tracking shows that it was delivered to someone named J HITCHER on Monday, June 9th. ComicConnect does not employ anyone with that name. :cry:

I requested delivery confirmation and both the signature and recipient's address fields are blank. ComicConnect is working on their end to try and locate the package. I started a case with USPS, and for reasons unclear to me, they've assigned someone at my local post office(in California) to investigate. Makes no sense to me as the package was delivered in New York.

I'd greatly appreciate it if the board detectives could keep an eye out for the books and let me know if you see them being offered anywhere. Please either PM me or email me at nearmint@aol.com.

The Batman #49 is from the Cape Cod pedigree, and has the distinctive "ND" on the cover, as well as a pencil checkmark on Joker's left shoulder...

batman49.jpg

greenlantern1.jpg

Good luck on their return!