• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly WW Con Report (Brief)

126 posts in this topic

Bet there was more $$$$$$$$ spent in the room at Heroes than Philly

Not that anyone could probably prove it one way or another.

$2500??????????????????

mess - even I make a hell of a lot more than that :insane:lol

My quick and to the point WW Philly report:

d54c60521031ef4a.gif

For those at the show that know these boys (wells guys now) made Blazing Bob dance at his house right after they left the booth. :banana:

Who says celebrities don't bring sales to a dealer's booth.

Phone Conversation:

SOT: He wants the book

Bob: Credit Card company may freeze his account for fraud protection on this amount

SOT: Ok will tell him

4 Guys at the Booth: It should be okay we are the Backstreet Boys

SOT: Bob its ok they are the Backstreet boys

Bob: Singing "Backstreet Back alright".

While doing the Happy dance Bob then adds the band to this Pandora stations. (thumbs u

Yes the show was bad on Friday, probably the most frustrated I have ever been while behind a booth for a show on a single business day ever. That being said the vintage dealers that were there did what I would say is the minimum amount to justify the expenses and sales made to do the show again next year. CGC onsite grading always helps me personally always wanting to attend the show as well as running Bob's booth mixed with visiting my friends and family in my home city.

All in all the buying at the show was decent and Saturday/Sunday was much better for sales so at the end of the weekend I would say it all worked out.

The only celebrity I had at my booth trying to buy from me was one of those rejects from Comic Book Men & he haggled with me over $1.00

d54c60521031ef4a.gif

For those at the show that know these boys (wells guys now) made Blazing Bob dance at his house right after they left the booth. :banana:

Phone Conversation:

Bob: Credit Card company may freeze his account for fraud protection on this amount

While doing the Happy dance Bob then adds the band to this Pandora stations. (thumbs u

Yes the show was bad on Friday, probably the most frustrated I have ever been while behind a booth for a show on a single business day ever. That being said the vintage dealers that were there did what I would say is the minimum amount to justify the expenses and sales made to do the show again next year. CGC onsite grading always helps me personally always wanting to attend the show as well as running Bob's booth mixed with visiting my friends and family in my home city.

All in all the buying at the show was decent and Saturday/Sunday was much better for sales so at the end of the weekend I would say it all worked out.

The only celebrity I had at my booth trying to buy from me was one of those rejects from Comic Book Men & he haggled with me over $1.00

When I walked by their autograph booths they had nobody in line. lol

d54c60521031ef4a.gif

Phone Conversation:

I can't imagine what anyone would want signed unless Kevin Smith is there.

d54c60521031ef4a.gif

Phone Conversation:

I was set up across from them all weekend, they managed to sell 2 of their autograph & those people came to me to cover their precious pictures with our top loader holders. They were happy to meet them (who knows why)but did not want to burst their bubble by telling them that the top loader is more valuable than that.

d54c60521031ef4a.gif

Phone Conversation:

I was set up across from them all weekend, they managed to sell 2 of their autograph & those people came to me to cover their precious pictures with our top loader holders. They were happy to meet them (who knows why)but did not want to burst their bubble by telling them that the top loader is more valuable than that.

Hey, didn't a Cryptozoic Man signed by all of them go for big bucks? That's the kind of investment that pays for your college. Clown college at least.