• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't sell on ebay anymore, help.

94 posts in this topic

Wow, I cant believe you admitted to shilling, tried to justify it, then used the cool book excuse. You would be suprised how many sellers/buyers would refuse you. Luckily for you most will not see this thread or know any better.

Can a shill ever apologize and turn it around or is there no going back from that?

Exactly when did I say it was cool to shill?

And why deny it? No need to lie about if I have done it a few times before, what's the point of denying or lying exactly? Man up to your mistakes, thats what I'm doing.

I shilled an auction once. I had my friend do it for me. I had to.

It's a good story and I think I can tell it now. Read it through. You will get a laugh.

Well over ten years ago when I was in college, I had put something up on eBay that I knew I would get into trouble for that was supposed to be a joke amongst family and friends. We were all in on it but it was my idea. I created the listing in antiques, advertising the item as used but in NM to Mint condition and many other things that amount to 'in joke.' Eventually an outsider started bidding on the item. I got nervous because it was kind of weird that someone would actually bid on the item. Not knowing what was up, I called up a friend and demanded that he win the auction. He did. There was no way I wanted an outsider winning this item.

The item: My mother.

When she discovered from my aunt that she was listed on eBay she was ready to kill everyone. (My aunt placed a bid). She demanded that my father get me to take it down. Instead he would simply ask, "What is she up to?" This went on for a full week. (I grew up in a household where everyone on my mom's side of the family goofs on each other.) Friends, family and a few coworkers bid on her.

Once my friend won my mom, he printed out the winning email notification (a couple hundred dollars) and came over coming to claim his auction winnings.

He stayed for lunch.

(I love good pranks. My brother and I did send an email once that went viral for everyone on the internet to wish my mom a happy birthday. She wasn't too pleased with the emails and voicemails she received wishing her a happy birthday. This year she turns 65. It may be time to revisit that one.)

I shilled an auction once. I had my friend do it for me. I had to.

It's a good story and I think I can tell it now. Read it through. You will get a laugh.

Well over ten years ago when I was in college, I had put something up on eBay that I knew I would get into trouble for that was supposed to be a joke amongst family and friends. We were all in on it but it was my idea. I created the listing in antiques, advertising the item as used but in NM to Mint condition and many other things that amount to 'in joke.' Eventually an outsider started bidding on the item. I got nervous because it was kind of weird that someone would actually bid on the item. Not knowing what was up, I called up a friend and demanded that he win the auction. He did. There was no way I wanted an outsider winning this item.

The item: My mother.

When she discovered from my aunt that she was listed on eBay she was ready to kill everyone. (My aunt placed a bid). She demanded that my father get me to take it down. Instead he would simply ask, "What is she up to?" This went on for a full week. (I grew up in a household where everyone on my mom's side of the family goofs on each other.) Friends, family and a few coworkers bid on her.

Once my friend won my mom, he printed out the winning email notification (a couple hundred dollars) and came over coming to claim his auction winnings.

He stayed for lunch.

(I love good pranks. My brother and I did send an email once that went viral for everyone on the internet to wish my mom a happy birthday. She wasn't too pleased with the emails and voicemails she received wishing her a happy birthday. This year she turns 65. It may be time to revisit that one.)

:roflmao: pretty good one.

And why deny it? No need to lie about if I have done it a few times before, what's the point of denying or lying exactly? Man up to your mistakes, thats what I'm doing.

I'm sorry dude,but you are now on my "never to buy from" list. meh

As far as my HoS #92......That will never leave my collection.

I'm sorry dude,but you are now on my "never to buy from" list. meh

As far as my HoS #92......That will never leave my collection.

Not even for tree fiddy? hm:devil:

Wow.

Buh-locked meh

Congrats on manning up, though? (shrug)

Shill account?

For what about 2 or 3 items out of 50+ sold?

Everyone making it seem like I've been shilling all of my sells, no idea why, maybe they've fallen victim to it and have zero tolerance even to <10% shilling.

That's like saying I don't always cheat at cards - good luck getting invited back to the local card game after they catch you cheating. So you're dishonest some of the time but not all of the time so it's ok?

So a Shill account is an account someone makes to bid up the price of the item their selling?

Common with boardies that registered 2013/2014 it seems...

NOT ALL OF US!