• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grail Art?

118 posts in this topic

Captain America 110 cover (Hulk!) by Steranko. If I could find it, I'd figure out a way to afford it.

Under the scenerio of this thread you'd first have to pry it from my dead skeleton. It is the cover that first stood out in my LCS as a kid and epitomized everything a comic book cover should. cloud9.gif

Hrrmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I have to pick just one?

Well then , I would be happy with this.

To me it typifies what I like about Comic art, and Batman.

The spacing and perspective are fantastic.

Has the tradmark Adams Full Moon.

Typifies how Batman was just a human, like everybody else.

Creates Bat-tastic tension,and suspense.

And is VERY violent, without being graphic.

Aww. WTF.. just gimme any Adams Cover art and I will be happy. cloud9.gif

tec394.JPG

I'd go with the cover to Batman 227, any Swamp Thing between 1 - 10, Phantom Stranger 13, Witching Hour 14, House Of Secrets 89. Wrightson or Adams basically. And also a Frazetta cover - any of the Famous Funnies run from 209 -216.

Please. crazy.gif

I'd go with the cover to Batman 227, any Swamp Thing between 1 - 10, Phantom Stranger 13, Witching Hour 14, House Of Secrets 89. Wrightson or Adams basically. And also a Frazetta cover - any of the Famous Funnies run from 209 -216.

Please. crazy.gif

ONE grail

Not your grail, with a few wings, a deck, two basements and a sunroof added on makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Please. crazy.gif

ONE grail

Not your grail, with a few wings, a deck, two basements and a sunroof added on makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

You're just envious of my multi-faceted grail. blush.gif

Quite a few others exist, but I'm not an expert. I do know that the #11 and the #28 sold a year or so ago as a pair. I'm sure Spider9698 would know more. If he doesn't respond, then I'll ask someone else who I'm sure knows the answer.

Wrightson Frankenstein Plates.....

Average ones will run you about 10-12K today, with the better ones in the 15-20K range and the best ones...... 25K+

I heard a rumor that the owner of the double-page laboratory splash with the Monster and Dr. was offered 75K for it, but declined. As with all rumors, who knows if it's true, but I would think that it's at least worth 50K.

By the way, the reason I know all this is because I'm in the process of buying one.... should have it soon, and will post it when it arrives. They are quite hard to find nowadays. Apparently some director or producer in hollywood owns about 80% of them.

Very tough to answer. Knowing I would not be satisfied owing only one piece of art, grail or not,

just like

I would not be satisfied only having 1 comic.

You only get one wife.

Unless you live in Utah, I suppose. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very tough to answer. Knowing I would not be satisfied owing only one piece of art, grail or not,

just like

You only get one wife.

Unless you live in Nevada, I suppose. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought it was Utah.

They got better things in Nevada. Amsterdam too. devil.gif

just like

You only get one wife.

Unless you live in Nevada, I suppose. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I thought it was Utah.

They got better things in Nevada. Amsterdam too. devil.gif

I changed it right after I posted it.

I guess I had prostitution on the brain. yay.gif

Yeah but I cant slab her, or put her in mylar sleeve 27_laughing.gif

or could I 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Probly not.

but Put yourself in a "Sleeve" then you can slab her to your hearts content!

sign-funnypost.gif