• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is big deal about Darkhawk?

41 posts in this topic

Great character buried into obscurity? (shrug)

I think a lot of people feel that with a lot of the Marvel Cosmic heroes getting love on the big screen, Darkhawk may eventually make his way there.

Wasn't he somehow tied in with one if the Infinity Gems as well, or am I making that up? hm

I think a lot of people feel that with a lot of the Marvel Cosmic heroes getting love on the big screen, Darkhawk may eventually make his way there.

Wasn't he somehow tied in with one if the Infinity Gems as well, or am I making that up? hm

It's not you. I think the gamble goes on.

My older cousin bought me some random comics when I was a kid - among them were a couple of Darkhawk's. At first my reaction was meh because it wasn't Daredevil, X-Men or Spider-Man. But I read them and really liked the character. I enjoyed the series for the first 30 or so issues. I have that sentimental attachment with the character because it was a nice surprise of my older cousin buying me those comics as he didn't read or collect comics. He just knew I did. :cloud9:

I'd like to own a #1 9.8 before something is announced!

My older cousin bought me some random comics when I was a kid - among them were a couple of Darkhawk's. At first my reaction was meh because it wasn't Daredevil, X-Men or Spider-Man. But I read them and really liked the character. I enjoyed the series for the first 30 or so issues. I have that sentimental attachment with the character because it was a nice surprise of my older cousin buying me those comics as he didn't read or collect comics. He just knew I did. :cloud9:

I'd like to own a #1 9.8 before something is announced!

Then you are gambling on your own! (I must admit that I consider it too). :bump:

They revealed a lot about the true nature of Darkhawk in the Annihilation Events...

The draw is part nostalgia. His debut was around the time the speculation bubble started to swell, so a lot of collectors in their 30s are fairly fond of him.

I think the real draw is cheese. Darkhawk is cheesy, in a very appealing way.

I tend to think of ROM as something similar.

I love both titles.

I noticed Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 on ebay is now selling over $100.

What is all about this book?

There is no big deal about Darkhawk. Period. But some people like him . . . (shrug) That's all that really matters, isn't it?

I loved him when he debuted....

And Hobgoblin was one of his first villains, and I've loved him since I was a kid.

I may have to pick up some Annihilation TPBs, as part of his appeal was the mystery behind his powers in the beginning. Would like to know the story. (Or someone spoiler tag it for me, haha)

Which book do you think that deserves 1st appearance of Darkhawk?

Marvel Age #49 - 1st appearance of Darkhawk in 5 page preview

------------------------------------OR---------------------------------------------

Darkhawk #1 - Origin & 1st (full) appearance of Darkhawk