• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"That's all you got for them? Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!"

28 posts in this topic

My family was having a garage sale this weekend, so my girlfriend and I decided to pay them a visit, help them out a little and sell a few things of our own. At one point, I was busy selling comics to one guy when another came along looking to buy some old, unworn Star Wars/superhero shirts that I had for sale. I told the second gentleman that I'd be with him in a moment and finished dealing with the first one. When I turned around to speak to the guy who wanted the shirts, he was gone. As I was trying to figure out where he had wandered off to, my girlfriend walked over to me and explained that she had sold all my shirts while I was busy. I was happy to hear that, but then I learned that my girlfriend only got a bit more than a buck for each shirt.

doh!

Let's just say that she was lucky that there was a bunch of people around when she told me how little she sold my stuff for.

Anyway, have you guys ever had to suffer through something like this? Have your girlfriends, wives, friends or family members ever sold your collectibles for far less than they should have while you weren't around? If so, share your horror stories.

My mom sold all my comics at a yard sale when I went to college.

Action #1 Tec 27 ASM 1 etc

My mom sold all my comics at a yard sale when I went to college.

Action #1 Tec 27 ASM 1 etc

It's posts like this that make me want to block you. :gossip:

Why do you have to be a tool box most of the time?

:sorry:

:lol:

You need a thick skin. The problem is when you post as much as you do you need to be relevant in every single arbitrary topic someone creates. It's hard for everyone to believe that every thread has a scenario you have experienced, in one form or another.

Maybe you have, maybe you haven't but when you don't discriminate or observe only, you open yourself up. Having said that who cares what anyone else thinks including myself.

See you at 20,000.

Ha ha I was jk-obviously I was using that old cliche story for laffs but I got crickets instead

I think the closest that I can cry foul over was my mother believing that garbage pail kids cards would lead to the downfall of society. She would get rid of them whenever she discovered them.

I wanted to sell some of my comics to fund the purchase of more comics when I was 8 years old. My Mom wanted to help me and suggested we place an advert in the local paper. I organized my comics into 2 piles: what I was selling and what I wanted to keep and made sure my Mom understood. I went to school and when I got home my Mom was very excited and told me I had the money I was after. Of course when I got to my bedroom she had sold all the comics I wanted to keep.

Ah well, she had good intentions.

Funny you say this i have been collecting Patrick Roy hockey cards since he was a rookie. I have moved to a couple different states in the last 15 years. I could not find 3 binders worth of cards its like they just up and vanished. Forward to fathers day my dad calls me i say happy FD he says happy FD and by the way i have this box its has some binders and loose hockey cards in it. Response are they Red binders answer yes. Pack them up and send them to me in one binder is his Topps and O-pee-chee rookie cards. This is a first he gave my GiJoe collection to his now neighbor kids in his defence they were loose in a box.

If you don't put price stickers on em how can you expect anyone else to know what you want for em? It's a garage sale after all. If you want to work a guy for the best price.... well, nvmnd... you catch my drift :popcorn:

She said I shouldn't of left them at home......... :cry:

Gotta love that excuse. :facepalm:

My mother would never pull that BS, but when I was a little kid, I remember my aunt saying something like that when we were visiting on vacation. I left some just-purchased comics there when we went to see my grandparents (who lived close) and we got back later that afternoon.

I couldn't find my comics, and my aunt told me she tossed them out, and that "I shouldn't have left them there".

Needless to say, I wasn't happy, and told her "she better watch her stuff when she came to visit us, otherwise it's garbage".

The look she gave me was priceless, and although my parents were not impressed with my attitude, :censored: that, as I was out my allowance and even my Dad agreed she was an old biotch about it and bought me some new ones on the way home.

She said I shouldn't of left them at home......... :cry:

Gotta love that excuse. :facepalm:

My mother would never pull that BS, but when I was a little kid, I remember my aunt saying something like that when we were visiting on vacation. I left some just-purchased comics there when we went to see my grandparents (who lived close) and we got back later that afternoon.

I couldn't find my comics, and my aunt told me she tossed them out, and that "I shouldn't have left them there".

Needless to say, I wasn't happy, and told her "she better watch her stuff when she came to visit us, otherwise it's garbage".

The look she gave me was priceless, and although my parents were not impressed with my attitude, :censored: that, as I was out my allowance and even my Dad agreed she was an old biotch about it and bought me some new ones on the way home.

lol

Your dentures ?? Oh, I tossed em :devil:

My mother decided to clean out her garage and threw out all my Marvel Slurpee cups. I had over 200. Because my family and friends knew I collected comics, they saved the cups for me and I accumulated a lot. I left them at my mother's place and never bothered to pick them up. I asked about them the last time I was at her place and she said that she didn't think they were worth anything and just dumped them. :cry:

Anyway, have you guys ever had to suffer through something like this? Have your girlfriends, wives, friends or family members ever sold your collectibles for far less than they should have while you weren't around? If so, share your horror stories.

It's a good indicator/reminder of what will happen to our collections after we're gone. Mine will probably end up in a dumpster.... with jaeldubyoo's books

If you don't put price stickers on em how can you expect anyone else to know what you want for em? It's a garage sale after all. If you want to work a guy for the best price.... well, nvmnd... you catch my drift :popcorn:

I had intended to price my shirts, but didn't get a chance to. My girlfriend put them out while I wasn't around and we were actually still in the process of setting things up when the guy who bought them showed up. Still, my girlfriend had an idea of what I wanted for the shirts, but she just wanted them gone, so she rid herself of them as soon as the opportunity presented itself.