• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Buyers...What Do You Want From Sellers?

88 posts in this topic

I want to get some message across to ebay sellers so they can be better sellers, even if they just sell casually. As a buyer, What do you expect from the seller and most important, what makes you decide which seller gets your hard earned over another seller, selling the same thing? If you are buying raw books, what do you want to see? How many pictures do you want? How big should pictures be? How important is the description if you are buying raw or slabbed? Tell sellers what you want!

Accurate grading hi-res pics of the spine, corners front AND back cover.

Bullet proof packaging.

I've always believed in showing the back cover even on slabbed books, people are just curious to see what the back cover looks like!

I want comics packed to protect FIRST AND FOREMOST. I've gotten so many pack jobs that I contact the seller now before any purchase. Points for detailing how you pack your books in the listing. I do this and buyers seem to appreciate it.

Two of the worse feelings...

1. When the item arrives not as described

2. When it is damaged during shipping because of improper packaging

Both happen a lot more than it should. Even if they refund your money it's a major hassle to deal with.

Just be honest with the description and package the item properly. Then I'll be a returning customer.

Accurate description of the book; you can tell an honest seller when they detail flaws rather than not mention them at all. Good detailed pictures, again that show any flaws that may exist are always helpful.

Shipping should be quick and packaging appropriate; this applies to anything sold on ebay, not just comics. Feedback has to be heavily weighted on the positive side; if anyone has even a slightest of negatives you have to wonder if they'd pull the same stunt on you.

As a buyer, i look at feedback and volume. Nothing else. If they have a few negatives and are still at or above 99%, ill buy from them. Mycomicshop for example, has over 10,000 positive feedbacks a month with less than 100 negatives a month. I trust them implicitly and consider most negatives ridiculous.

As a buyer, i look at feedback and volume. Nothing else. If they have a few negatives and are still at or above 99%, ill buy from them. Mycomicshop for example, has over 10,000 positive feedbacks a month with less than 100 negatives a month. I trust them implicitly and consider the negatives ridiculous.

You dismiss all the negatives as ridiculous?

Ideally and it probably is a bit much to ask for but hi-res front and back scan (with all 4 corners in view) and angled photos to capture cover surface and spine condition. I know it's a lot to expect though so in lieu of the angled photos, full disclosure of any defects (especially those not revealed by scans) would be very appreciated.

Also sellers, if you package well please advertise it in your description. If you always use a box, I definitely want to know about it and you will get my business over other sellers. I am tired of receiving bent books from insufficient packaging. Here's something I have noticed. The cardboard sandwich works better if the lines of corrugation are parallel to the spine of the book. That's where you get the strength out of it. It's really disappointing to receive a creased spine because the cardboard sandwich flexed and gave way.

I do not mind paying a little more for shipping either. When I read Media Mail shipping I will look for a similar deal with better shipping first. I read the thread here warning of the USPS inspecting some Media Mail packages and that is a concern.

As a buyer, i look at feedback and volume. Nothing else. If they have a few negatives and are still at or above 99%, ill buy from them. Mycomicshop for example, has over 10,000 positive feedbacks a month with less than 100 negatives a month. I trust them implicitly and consider the negatives ridiculous.

Really stupid i know. Need to edit that.

I'll tell you, it really doesn't matter what's in the description of the auction. Most buyers pay ZERO attention to what's there...if they even read it at all. Most of my description text details my domestic & international shipping charges as well as my combined shipping options.

The questions I get all the time are "Do you combine shipping?" and "Do you ship internationally?" and "How much to ship to XXX?"

It's all already there, people. READ.

Peace,

Chip

I want it packaged well and mailed by the next day after the auction ends.

Why though? Do you only buy to flip? If it's something for your collection, can't it wait a couple of days? I'm fine getting items shipped to me anytime within 2 weeks, because I'm not buying moderns/flip-items....

I'll tell you, it really doesn't matter what's in the description of the auction. Most buyers pay ZERO attention to what's there...if they even read it at all. Most of my description text details my domestic & international shipping charges as well as my combined shipping options.

The questions I get all the time are "Do you combine shipping?" and "Do you ship internationally?" and "How much to ship to XXX?"

It's all already there, people. READ.

Peace,

Chip

Sometimes even if it's in the description the ebay listing is not setup properly. (thumbs u

Really stupid i know. Need to edit that.

Not entirely stupid. (shrug)