• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any good comic shops in Austin Texas. Or local boardies

19 posts in this topic

Austin Books.

Then make the short 2 1/2 hr. drive to Houston to see us.

I live in Austin...right next to UT.

I have to advise against Austin Books & Comics. They are too overpriced and refuse to negotiate at all, then they look down at you like you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, especially Brendan, the one who prices everything out.

Capstone Comics has a huge selection, better prices, and friendlier people. The owner, John, is very nice and a blast to talk to.

Stay away from Dragon's Lair...they have shunned comic collectors.

Currently, the best two places to go for back issues in Austin, is Austin Books & Comics and Capstone.

ABC will have the better selection, but very overpriced. Capstone, while over internet pricing, is a bit more fair and have been known to deal a bit. Just watch out for the consignment case, as it is astronomically priced.

Dragon's Lair and Rogues Gallery are gaming shops that happen to carry new comics. Both are also good options for the newest moderns.

Junior's is the most southern of the shops, but they mostly concentrate on Magic and other card games.

Personally, I have my subs at Capstone because of the folks that run it and it is fairly close to my work and home.

Austin Books for sure. Best shop in town and one of the best in the country IMO. I am lucky enough to live within 2 miles of 5 locations for comics and back issues.

Welcome to Austin!

I wait for the Labor Day 50% off sale at Austin books before i buy back issues. ABC is definitely overpriced unless you are buying a book you will pay guide or better for anyway.

Where did Capstone move to? I drove by the other day and it's a gun store now.

Austin Books has a large selection but overpriced. I usually just buy new issues there.

Capstone moved from Palmer Ln over to Anderson Ln (not Anderson Mill Ln). They are between Burnet and Lamar.

I agree, when in Texas seek out Bedrock City, website link www.highgradecomics.com
:facepalm:

Let's all pray for Bob. The sickness has obviously got the better of him.

Forget comics and go listen to some live music in Austin!

Forget music and go eat some awesome BBQ in Austin.

As far as board members...I think GIJOEISAWESOME is somewhere in TX, right? lol

Comics, music, BBQ….I knew there was a reason I liked this city!

Comics, I recommend Capstone.

BBQ, I recommend Franklin's and Rudy's if Franklin's in closed (or you don't want to wait in line for 5 hours!)

Music, I recommend anywhere…even the McDonald's here have live music!

Went to both Capstone and Austin comics

Picked up a Gem CGC 9.0 Famous Funnies 216 Frazetta cover at Austin and a real nice assortment of raw from capstone.

Both stores were clean. Well presented and everyone was very friendly.

Thanks for the recommendations. :sumo: