• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is uncanny x-men 266 underated?!

48 posts in this topic

here we have the 1st app. of an important character in the x-men world + a "relation" with another important one (rogue) = several mini-s., etc... "shouldn't" it be going for a little more money?!?! confused.gifgossip.gif

Are you kidding? Book is over-priced as it is. Common 90's book. True, Gambit has become a decent player in the X-books, but there are just tons of these out there.

here we have the 1st app. of an important character in the x-men world + a "relation" with another important one (rogue) = several mini-s., etc... "shouldn't" it be going for a little more money?!?! confused.gifgossip.gif

Are you kidding? Book is over-priced as it is. Common 90's book. True, Gambit has become a decent player in the X-books, but there are just tons of these out there.

i agree there are tons and it's a 90's book, but when these tons always have buyers looking for them (and more buyers than there is copies avaiable), everytime they appear... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gif

I applaud your question Pedro 893applaud-thumb.gif I would absolutely love for this book to become a little more big time. I shelled out a good $40 for my copy, but I am still happy with the purchase. I think it time it's going to pay off one way or another. Gambit is rumored to be in X3, which may help.

At least it's not an Uncanny 283. I was stoked about finding it for $8 back in about 1993. Thought I had something special. But it never fails that every single comic shop I go to, they have about 15 copies of it in their bins. foreheadslap.gif

C'mon now, kids. #266 is a modern comic from the early nineties. There will ALWAYS be a greater supply for this book and other supposed "keys" than demand could EVER meet. Let's not delude ourselves. God only knows how many tens of thousands of these went straight into polybags without even being read.

This just sounds to me like wishful thinking, as I'm guessing you guys who are voicing opinions about 266 being "underrated" are likely sitting on a big pile of these. Guess what: so is every other comic collector in the universe. gossip.gif

C'mon now, kids. #266 is a modern comic from the early nineties. There will ALWAYS be a greater supply for this book and other supposed "keys" than demand could EVER meet. Let's not delude ourselves. God only knows how many tens of thousands of these went straight into polybags without even being read.

This just sounds to me like wishful thinking, as I'm guessing you guys who are voicing opinions about 266 being "underrated" are likely sitting on a big pile of these. Guess what: so is every other comic collector in the universe. gossip.gif

C'mon, take it easy on me! 266 happens to be one of my better books. I don't have a lot of prolific stuff, most of the keys I have would fit into the category you just rattled off because it's all I can afford sign-rantpost.gif

Sorry, NC, not trying to insult your collection or anything. flowerred.gif But the original question was asking about this book being "underrated" not in terms of being a neat book, but in terms of dollar value. And if you're looking to make money off of comics, an early nineties book is the single worst tree in the forest.

Essentially the answer to the question will be "Is Gambit an important character in the X-Men mythos or not"? I think Gambit is the most "liked" character to come out the X-Men franchise since Kitty Pryde. That doesn't make him important though. Gambit falls into the same catagory as Longshot. Longshot was much liked also and his 1st App commanded a premium for a short time. But eventually the character wore out his welcome and disappeared from the comics. Likewise did the price of his comics.

Gambit falls very much into this realm as well. The longer he stays out of the comics eye the more his comics will fall in price. And let's just say there are literally "tons" of the issue out there and I bet a large percentage in HG. So...No...Uncanny X-Men #266 is far from underrated...

Jim

No, the book is Overated.

I don't have one gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif, i wish i had only one nice copie of this issue in my coll....mine is around VF and everytime there are some NM or M on ebay, well, the "tons" of copies seem to have "2 tons" of bids... wink.gif i hardly see a nice copie that goes for less than X 10 price cover.