• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

archie shoe store giveaway. #nn THE ONLY EXSISTING COPY?

21 posts in this topic

IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A REGISTRY ON ONE COMIC?MY ARCHIE OFFICIALSTORE CLUB MAGAZINE(SHOE STORE GIVEAWAY) IS GRADED CGC7.5, HAS NEVER BEEN OPENED EXCEPT MY CGC AND THE PREVIOUS OWNERS SON OF THE SHIOE STORE AND UNTIL PROVEN DIFFERENT IS THE ONLY EXSISTING COPY ON EARTH. THE CGC # IS 110072001 CGC WHITE PAGES ARCHIE WOLF WHISTLE AND IS UNDER PROMOTIOTAL GIVEAWAYS IN THE GUIDE. UNTIL LAST YEAR THERE WAS NEVER A PICTURE AS AFTER 46 YEARS OF SEARCHING, I WAS CONVINCED THIS COMIC DID NOT EXSIST.THE YEAR AND MONTH 10/1948 AND I CONTEND THE OTHER ARCHIE SHOE STORE GIVEAWAY "BOY SCOUT REPORTER (IN THE GUIDE DOES NOT EXSIST AND THIS IS ALSO THAT COPY.THE BACK OF THIS COVER STATES THE OFFICIAL BOY SCOUT OUTFITTERS THE B.R.BAKER CO, THE BOYS OWNSTORE AND DAD'S TOO ADAMS AND SUPERIOR TOLEDO,OHIO.I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY COPIES IN ANY CONDITION INCLUDING THE OTHER SHOE STORE GIVEAWAY. PEOPLE CLAIM THIS IS NOT TRUE BUT PUT YOUR COMIC WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS? NOTHING REGISTERED HERE. THIS COMIC IS SO RARE IT MUST HAVE A REGISTRY AS PEOPLE DID NOT KNOW IT EXSITS.PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REGISTER THIS COMIC. ALSO DO NOT READ OVERSTREET AS HE SAYS THIS COMIC IS $80.00 NOT RARE OR SCARCE. MR OVERSTREET WILL TELL YOU LITTLE ARCHIE 1 IS SCARCE RIGHT 39 COPIES GRADED I HAVE ANOTHER 3 RAW COPIES JUST SENT TO CGC. MY POINT IS OVERSTREET DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ARCHIES AS HIS ADVISORS TELL HIM ALL THE TIME.I PAID THOUSANDS NOT HUNDREDS OF % MORE THAN HIS GUIDE PRICE AND NOT RARE?THE ARCHIE ANNUAL IS RARE AS 15-20YEARS AGO WHEN HE COULD BE FOUND TO COMMENT , I TOLD HIM TO CHECK ARCHIE 56 FRONT COVER. IT STATES REWARD $500.00 FOR ARCHIE ANNUAL 1'S.IF YOU READ ARCHIE COMICS BOUGHT BACK 500 COPIES(MINIMUM, HOW DO WE NOT KNOW THEY BOUGHT BACK EVERY COPY THEY RTECEIVED SHORTLY AFTER PUBLISHED FOR A $1.00 EACH. A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY TO PAY FOR A RECALL. 400% PRICE. THAT WAS HUGE MONEY AND UNLESS YOU CAN SHOW ME A REJECTION LETTER FROM ARCHIE PUBLICATIONS, I FEEL THEY BOUGHT MANY MORE COPIES. OF COURSE THEN ALL FN-MT SO THATS WHY THE COMIC IS SO RARE AND 100 PAGES. EVEN ARCHIE COMICS TOLD ME YEARS AGO(I HAVE THAT LETTER) THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHY THEY BOUGHT BACK ALL THESE COPIES AS THERE LIBRARY WAS NOT THE REASON. THERE IS NOTHING OBSCENE IN THE COMIC. GO FIGURE.YOU CAN FIND MY TOP PAGE IN THE GUIDE LAST YEAR AND THE PRICE THAT HOWS WHAT IS SCARCE AND RARE ACCORDING TO OVERSTREET.I HAVE ADS ON ONE SIDE AND THE CRAZIEST COVER YOULL EVER SEE ARCHIE IN WOLF EARS.I WAS TOLD MONTANA DID IT? WHY WOULDNT HE TO GET THE COMIC PUBLISHED FOR THE SHOE STORE.THE ADS ARE GREAT ON THE BACK COVER ALSO. I CAN'T TAKE A CHANCE OF OPENING THE SLAB AND NOT GETTING THE SAME GRADE BACK SO ILL NEVER READ IT. I ASKED DARK HORSE TO DO SO AND THEY COULD BE THE FIRST EVER TO SEE THE INSIDES WITH ME AS WE COULD DO THIS IN A WALK THROUGH WITH CGC. THE MULTIMILLION DOLLAR COMPANY MUST NOT CARE ABOUT ARCHIES AS THEY NEVER EVEN CONTACTED ME AS I CONTACTED THEM 2 TIMES AT WONDECON. I DIDN'T ASK FOR ANY MONEY AND THEY DO ARCHIE ARCHIVES. THE ONLY COPY ON EARTH AND THEY DON'T WANT FGANS AROUND THE WORLD TO SEE WHAT MYSTERIES ARE INSIDE. IT HAS WHITE PAGES.IS THERE ONE STORY? 2?PLEASE LET ME REGISTER THIS AS I THINK ARCHIE LIBRARIES WOULD WANT THIS COPY BUT THIS MIGHT BE THE ONLY COPY AS I DO NOT THINK THEY HAVE THIS COPY AS IT WAS NOT ARCHIE PUBLICATIONS..THURSTON

Could you repost using normal cased letters and paragraphs? This is tough to read. Also, a scan or picture of the book would be helpful?

Register? lol this is a promotion.

archie.jpg

From the ebay listing.

Huh, oddly enough, I opened this thread despite it being Archie-related I don't care about Archie, but rarities are always interesting at some level.

Tragically, the OP has neither the decency nor the grammatical skill to communicate effectively.

Maybe if he were to try to use commonly accepted rules for capital and lowercase letters, more punctuation, and (Heaven forbid) a spacebar regularly more people would care about him trying to advertise his auction here.

Mods notified.

Im sorry everybody. I did'NT realize this was a school.Thank you for putting a picture of my comic in here. maybe gemma will read this and I will get my question answered.I DO NOT COME HERE DAILY.i DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE OR PUT PICTURES IN. I just asked one question and This is really not my bag. How do I get the comic in my registry. Can you put one comic in a registry.It is a category.

Ty Lauren Youre the only person that didn't bash me. I cant believe you have seen this copy as not one person who collect archies has. I went to wondercon and people were taking pictures of the comic. Dealers.Can you tell me if I can open a registry with one comic. I did not know I was in English class.If you cant help or say something nice,don't talk at all.

The solution is not obvious is this is your life spending all your time here. I asked a simple question and I get bashing Thank you for all your help.I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING COMICS BEFORE YOU WERE BORN. if ANYBODY HAD DECENCY THEY WOULD HELP ME NOT BASH ME.iM SURE GEMMA WILL COME TO MY RESCUE.

After my eyes are done bleeding I finally read your full post. I'm not sure how many issues were made of the store club magazine but there are a few out there. Your issue is from 10/48. I really doubt its anymore unique than the many other Archie store club magazines that are out there. (Not that its a common book) But something like collecting Superman Tim.

Here is 11/48

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=21707&gsub=1286

Here is an issue from 9/49.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/archie-comics-1949-shoe-store-promotional-nm+-9

Here is an issue from 10/49

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=21706&GSub=1286

Here is one from 2/48

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/steve12cgc/media/cgc13/Scan-131017-0006_zpsadbe38d4.jpg.html

Here is another from 6/49

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=25703783

Here is a group of 3 more that sold for a few hundred from the same place you bought your copy.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/archie-promotional-giveaway-comics-group-archie-1949-50-included-are-the-may-vg-fn-kathleen-hughes-photo-cover-and-au-total-3-comic-books-/a/16105-16025.s

5/49, 8/1949, 3/50 (3/50 Issue of the B.R. Baker Co)

It would be a fun and very tough project for someone to put a small run together. Then put them on the registry.

Right now the census has these dates graded

10/48

11/48

2/48

4/48

10/49

So 5 different issues graded and at least 10 copies, and I know I've seen others.

I'm guessing there at least over a couple dozen issues in the run.

Also see the Overstreet and you can see where your issue has been noted (Wolf-Cover) with rest of the run. Your issue doesn't seem to be a new find as it has been noted as the Wolf-Cover for over 20 years. Although others issues from the run are still missing from the Overstreet and have been clearly found. Should be fun finding more to add that Overstreet missed.

143ksk seems to own the most issues, so you have your work cut out for you on the registry if you choose to compete with other collectors.

The Boy Scout Reporter book is a different book from what you own. Another collector who owns other Archie store club magazines (Named Forsythe on the Archie boards) has a copy.

Edit: Also found these

There are also these from Diamond and B.R. Baker Co

http://www.hakes.com/item.asp?Auction=206&ItemNo=112329 (Prelude book)

June, July and August 1950

http://www.archiefans.com/story-help/anyone-every-seen-these-before-and-may-know-value/