• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Greenville 2016 cancelled

26 posts in this topic

Another new WW show in North Carolina...

Edit: I didn't realize this was Greenville, South Carolina rather than North Carolina. In any event, it's nice to see another show booked in the Carolinas. I hope there is a market for this in upstate SC.

yeah lets see how good it does and who all will be in attendance as far as guest or celebrities and how that will effect the new con started this year SC Comic Con which is scheduled at the same location just two months before this.

Damn , finally a decent sized show in SC....however thats right before Heroes, so I guess maybe I'll hit up Raleigh, skip Greenville, and then Heroes in June.

You apparently missed SCComiCon last year. Had over 6k people in attendance. I set up and KILLED it. As usual, WW swooped in and booked the same place for the same weekend the next year when they heard about the success. This show will tank with the local run and community supported SCComiCon just two months prior. I do every show in the Carolinas and am skipping this one (along with all WW shows) and so is every Carolinas dealer I know.

Damn , finally a decent sized show in SC....however thats right before Heroes, so I guess maybe I'll hit up Raleigh, skip Greenville, and then Heroes in June.

You apparently missed SCComiCon last year. Had over 6k people in attendance. I set up and KILLED it. As usual, WW swooped in and booked the same place for the same weekend the next year when they heard about the success. This show will tank with the local run and community supported SCComiCon just two months prior. I do every show in the Carolinas and am skipping this one (along with all WW shows) and so is every Carolinas dealer I know.

+1

+1

Sounds like another Wizard disaster in the making...

I too will be skipping the wizards in the carolinas, greenville and raleigh. Soo many other shows in those areas, i doubt anyone will want to pay the higher ticket cost of a wizard show when there are shows it seems almost every weekend in those states.

Ding dong the witch is dead. See y'all this weekend at a local show put on by local businesses and supported by local dealers!

Which one? There are soooooooooo many comic shows in sc, its extremely stupid for ww to try and set up a show anywhere in the carolinas.

Looks like they cancelled the two day 2015 show, now just showing this 2016 show...

I can confirm this as well. Ticket sales must have been horrible, coupled by the fact that none of the local dealers will support this.

Doesn't make for much of a comic con

Can't see it will help doing a 3 day show next year...................just saying?!?

Ding dong the witch is dead. See y'all this weekend at a local show put on by local businesses and supported by local dealers!

Which one? There are soooooooooo many comic shows in sc, its extremely stupid for ww to try and set up a show anywhere in the carolinas.

This is exactly why Wizard would move in. They start or buy shows in established markets with an eye towards a takeover. In their eyes, a series of preexisting shows means they can make money.

It was probably best for them to drop that 2015 show, as it already had scheduling problems (first as a dumb 3 day Thursday to Saturday show, then later dropping the Thursday to be a badly scheduled 2 day show). I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar change to the badly scheduled Austin show they're apparently trying hard to ruin.