• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 3 Rogue Rumors?

50 posts in this topic

Anyone heard anything or have any good ideas as to who the rogues will be in SM3?

I've heard two things:

1. Harry Osborn will become either a new Green Goblin, or the Hobgoblin which I would prefer.

2. John Jameson will travel into space and bring back the alien symbiote, and become Venom. This rumor I believe circulated because of the "Spider-Man No More" scene in the movie, when the screen goes black except for the white eyes of the costume.

I'd prefer an older rogue, such as the Hobgoblin, or even more silver age, since they've kept it that way so far. Electro would be pretty awesome. cloud9.gif

Yea, they could do something cool with Electro

but that yellow lightning headress has gotta go! tongue.gif

Well, they've modernized the Goblin and Doc Ock (to an extent), so I'm sure Electro would look more like Ultimate Electro or the Electro from the animated series that was on MTV2. He looked more like the Lawnmower Man.

What about the Lizard? Dr. Connor was in Spidey 2. They also mentioned Dr. Strange.

Some movie buff at work said something about the Venom outer space thing too.

I'm still waiting for the Daredevil, Punisher, Spidey combo.

With all these Marvel movies (Spidey, X, Daredevil, FF), you think we could possibly see a Secret Wars movie or possibly a trilogy?

No. The licensing rights for the characters who would be needed for a Secret Wars movie (X-Men, FF, Avengers, Hulk, and Spidey being the biggies) are spread out among various movie studios so Marvel couldn't get all of those characters into one movie.

No. The licensing rights for the characters who would be needed for a Secret Wars movie (X-Men, FF, Avengers, Hulk, and Spidey being the biggies) are spread out among various movie studios so Marvel couldn't get all of those characters into one movie.

Not to mention that the movie would have to gross $2 billion just to break even from the licensing costs.

Spider-man 3: Spidey vs. Hobgoblin/Harry with a cameo/intro from the Lizard or Vulture. Marvel will likely toss Jameson into space at the end to give Avi his Venom bone for SM 4, and let Raimi and the other main characters bow out.

Not to mention that the movie would have to gross $2 billion just to break even from the licensing costs.

Spider-man 3: Spidey vs. Hobgoblin/Harry with a cameo/intro from the Lizard or Vulture. Marvel will likely toss Jameson into space at the end to give Avi his Venom bone for SM 4, and let Raimi and the other main characters bow out.

Nice, I like it. But I'd rather see someone new step in completely for SM3, then bring in the Harry Osborn Goblin in a 4th movie. Are they going to continue onto SM4?

One of the best characters and plots they could do for SM3 would be to introduce the Black Cat. She would create a love triangle for Peter. This would also create jealousy on the part of MJ.

I mean imagine if there was a picture on the front of the Bugle showing Spider-man close to Felicia, MJ would hit the roof.

That would be killer. thumbsup2.gif

I'm hoping for Herry as the Green Goblin II and Venom thumbsup2.gif

I think this because of the obvious last sceen with Herry and then J.J's son. Now granted his son bringing this suit back from space is not how it happened, I believe this will be cheaper/easier to do than explain it in stead of using the "Secret Wars" version. Thats just my .02.

Have you read the -script? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I heard SM 3 was going to be the last movice of this series. Has anyone else heard this or is there going to be a SM4?

I heard SM 3 was going to be the last movice of this series.

SM 3 will be the last movie with the current director and cast, but once they get a new director and sign a new Peter Parker, MJ, etc., we'll definitely see a SM 4. Just like all the Batman movies with the revolving door cast.

I think Sony would like several more. Spidey will not end at 3 unless it's really bad, ticket sales are bad, and they will think it's because the public is tired of Spidey which would be wrong. The public doesn't tire of superhero movies, they just tire of bad superhero movies.

I would hope they hold off on Hobgoblin. I think it would be nice if that plotline is the one that keeps the Spidey movies together. I would also like to see Spidey fight another villian other than the main badguy, but more in a mop up mode. Instead of rescuing somebody from a fire, have him have a one scene fight with a supervillain and not have it part of the main plot. After Batman, we have had too many villain team ups. Just have Spidey fight a villian while on patrol and dispatch him/her quickly but with a spectacle.

I think Sony would like several more. Spidey will not end at 3 unless it's really bad, ticket sales are bad, and they will think it's because the public is tired of Spidey which would be wrong. The public doesn't tire of superhero movies, they just tire of bad superhero movies.

I would hope they hold off on Hobgoblin. I think it would be nice if that plotline is the one that keeps the Spidey movies together. I would also like to see Spidey fight another villian other than the main badguy, but more in a mop up mode. Instead of rescuing somebody from a fire, have him have a one scene fight with a supervillain and not have it part of the main plot. After Batman, we have had too many villain team ups. Just have Spidey fight a villian while on patrol and dispatch him/her quickly but with a spectacle.

I agree. The first Batman movie of the 1990's (I guess it was actually about 1988?) was the best of the lot, but mixing in two villains per movie, who always seem to team up, ruins it all for me. Would Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy really ever team up? Or Ra's Al Ghul and Scarecrow? I seriously doubt it. 893naughty-thumb.gif