• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are these comics worth the money?

17 posts in this topic

IMO the Star Wars #1 30 cent cover is regular priced one, yes it's worth adding.

TMNT #1 2nd printing I would also say yes to.

Buy them because you like them, not because they will grow in value.

IMO the Star Wars #1 30 cent cover is regular priced one, yes it's worth adding.

Yeah definitely, I only consider something is if I like it. The growth in value is an added benefit.

Yeah definitely, I only consider something is if I like it. The growth in value is an added benefit.

You kind of answered your own question. Its worth the money if its worth it to you.

Star Wars #1 30 cent variant.

Tmnt #1 2nd printing.

Will these grow in value or is it pointless to add them to the collection?

Both of those are good to add.

After reading your thread yesterday, I think you mean the 35 cent variant for star wars #1. The really expensive one. My advice would be, don't jump into those just yet. Considering you didn't know about the 35 cent variant, you still have a lot to learn about collecting key issues. Remember, 35 cent variant isn't the diamond 35 cents.

Tmnt #1 2nd printing.

After reading your thread yesterday, I think you mean the 35 cent variant for star wars #1. The really expensive one. My advice would be, don't jump into those just yet. Considering you didn't know about the 35 cent variant, you still have a lot to learn about collecting key issues. Remember, 35 cent variant isn't the diamond 35 cents.

(thumbs u

Tmnt #1 2nd printing.

No I'm talking about the 30 cent one. The 35 cent one is too expensive for me.

Tmnt #1 2nd printing.

No I'm talking about the 30 cent one. The 35 cent one is too expensive for me.

good book then. Dont call it a variant though, just a regular cover. :)

Star Wars 1 35 cent variant

sw-1-351.jpg

Star Wars 1 35 cent NOT variant

6745167_f260.jpg

Ahhhh I see, did the diamond one come in a multi pack or something?

Star Wars 1 35 cent variant

sw-1-351.jpg

Star Wars 1 35 cent NOT variant

6745167_f260.jpg

Ahhhh I see, did the diamond one come in a multi pack or something?

Yes.

Thank you both. (Thumbs u

star wars 1 especially. can still get a nice copy for under $50. yes, a lot were printed, but it has a lot of cross over appeal. remember, it came out before the movie i believe, so that makes it pretty extra special.

star wars 1 especially. can still get a nice copy for under $50. yes, a lot were printed, but it has a lot of cross over appeal. remember, it came out before the movie i believe, so that makes it pretty extra special.
I never realized that. The comic is cover dated July, so it would have been on the stands in April, at least a month or more ahead of the movie release date.