• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if $630 for an NYCC CGC 9.8 is market price within a week.. Post-NYCC, it was already a $300 book in 9.8. Is it really that hard to believe that it would double after the announcement?

Look at you with your logic!

lol

He wants to flip it though, so if that is the market in a week, I'm not sure it's gonna move upward until the pilot has been cast/shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if $630 for an NYCC CGC 9.8 is market price within a week.. Post-NYCC, it was already a $300 book in 9.8. Is it really that hard to believe that it would double after the announcement?

lol

He wants to flip it though, so if that is the market in a week, I'm not sure it's gonna move upward until the pilot has been cast/shot.

That's fair.

lol

That's fair.

I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

Just a warning... haha

I sold the last of my #1s for max profit, but being in the 215 there's always a chance of turning up a few more here & there that shops set aside for longbox stock.

I wish the 215 INK guys nothing but success since they're local, though I was surprised they didn't set up at Locust Moon Festival last year. I mean its all indie publishers and in our own backyard. Try and make it this year fellas!

That aside, I still think the only people buying up the #1s like crazy are on here. How long before 90% of the print run is slabbed?

I sold the last of my #1s for max profit, but being in the 215 there's always a chance of turning up a few more here & there that shops set aside for longbox stock.

I wish the 215 INK guys nothing but success since they're local, though I was surprised they didn't set up at Locust Moon Festival last year. I mean its all indie publishers and in our own backyard. Try and make it this year fellas!

That aside, I still think the only people buying up the #1s like crazy are on here. How long before 90% of the print run is slabbed?

A long time if everyone had the same results of their initial order of #1's that I did. When I got my order from Midtown (which was larger than most), 7 of the 1A covers were damaged and at best might grade fine and at worst maybe a fine-. I sent some of these and some nice covers for bordies to try out so at least 7 people here can attest to this fact. I ordered a lesser amount of 1B's but these all came in 9.6 to 9.8 condition. I tried to get Midtown to replace these but they sold out on the first day. They were not damaged in the mail imo. (shrug)

If a raw phantom with a print run of 544 is selling at $100, a 9.8 NYCC with a print run of 106 doesn't sound all that crazy.

Agreed.

See.

I was proven wrong in like 10 minutes. haha

Everyone, buy them up!!!

lol

I'm not saying it should be there, just that if the Phantom is $100 a raw copy, it isn't too far fetched that this would be bringing that kind of money in CGC 9.8. Then again, there is a lot of dispute about which book is the "it" book so who knows ?

All of my #1s seemed in solid shape... hope I didnt miss something - they're on the way to Sarasota already.

I'm honestly surprised not to have some 9.9s or better yet for #1, I thought the stock would guarantee that.

No worries. You would have noticed this damage from 10 feet away. (thumbs u