• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

If a raw phantom with a print run of 544 is selling at $100, a 9.8 NYCC with a print run of 106 doesn't sound all that crazy.

Agreed.

See.

I was proven wrong in like 10 minutes. haha

Everyone, buy them up!!!

lol

I'm not saying it should be there, just that if the Phantom is $100 a raw copy, it isn't too far fetched that this would be bringing that kind of money in CGC 9.8. Then again, there is a lot of dispute about which book is the "it" book so who knows ?

I think all versions of the #1 are safe bets, honestly.

Still hold on to the belief NYCC #1 will be the top dog when all is said and done.

All of my #1s seemed in solid shape... hope I didnt miss something - they're on the way to Sarasota already.

I'm honestly surprised not to have some 9.9s or better yet for #1, I thought the stock would guarantee that.

:gossip: did you do the " $50 bill behind the backing board and bag trick? " if not , no 9.9 for you.

All of my #1s seemed in solid shape... hope I didnt miss something - they're on the way to Sarasota already.

I'm honestly surprised not to have some 9.9s or better yet for #1, I thought the stock would guarantee that.

:gossip: did you do the " $50 bill behind the backing board and bag trick? " if not , no 9.9 for you.

No one told me how it worked :(

I was offer enormous 1 nycc cgc 9.8 for $630. Is it a good deal? Thanks

You do know its a second print correct? IMO this comic will be lucky to be worth $100 five years from now. NoWhere Men, Todd the Ugliest Kid, the Sixth Gun, etc. had copies that were going for hundreds of dollars based on movie hype and other hype. You can't give them away today.

I guess if you bought this with the intent to flip it in the next couple of months you could make some money but if your thinking about holding it as an investment for at least 5 years I would avoid it at all costs.

I was offer enormous 1 nycc cgc 9.8 for $630. Is it a good deal? Thanks

You do know its a second print correct? IMO this comic will be lucky to be worth $100 five years from now. NoWhere Men, Todd the Ugliest Kid, the Sixth Gun, etc. had copies that were going for hundreds of dollars based on movie hype and other hype. You can't give them away today.

I guess if you bought this with the intent to flip it in the next couple of months you could make some money but if your thinking about holding it as an investment for at least 5 years I would avoid it at all costs.

There are still a few Nowhere Men #1 slabs I wouldn't mind having, especially for free :)

Yeah, I agree - I've said the same thing. I sent some of my books off to CGC, but who knows if fast track will even return before the bottom drops out of this? This market seems ridiculously volatile - the CGC TAT is glacial in comparison.

I'm only a few hundred dollars into this series though, and I do enjoy it... though I have moved to trade waiting.

Nio hype? I think issue number 1 sold for 900 on these boards. I remember guys claiming it was a great investment.

For Nowhere Men? I'm sure there was that sort of hype, but we were talking about a different type of hype. I only buy / read what I like, and Nowhere Men was solid.

I do not believe that I would personally ever pay $900 for a brand new book, but to each their own.

Enormous at least has some solid footing under it with a television deal, so I don't think you can apples to apples it with Nowhere Men. Sixth Gun is the warning a few have pulled out of the well.

Naysayers love pointing out books that dropped in value and never point out the winners. Saga was ridden with doubt as a book that would make any money at all in the long run. I think it's doing very well with zero announcements. Enormous is an extremely high quality book, and one that is not easily obtained. Mouse Guard B/W ComixPress seams to do fairly well when it pops up with a similar print run yet around 250, and again, no show in the works.

Buy it, before I do lol.

Naysayers love pointing out books that dropped in value and never point out the winners. Saga was ridden with doubt as a book that would make any money at all in the long run. I think it's doing very well with zero announcements. Enormous is an extremely high quality book, and one that is not easily obtained. Mouse Guard B/W ComixPress seams to do fairly well when it pops up with a similar print run yet around 250, and again, no show in the works.

Buy it, before I do lol.

Agreed Nowhere Men busted out with a Creator team who didn't think it was a good idea to tell what was going on, the book stopped coming out. Never had a tv deal option and had a higher print run than 2 k just saying. This book will be fine for quite a while as the team has in place to continue it for a long time and couple that with the option by Fox and the Enormously low print run on a modern comic book in any era this is a sure fire book.

Sixth Gun #1 sold on these boards for $900.

I saw it happen.

And yes, that was crazy.

Yeah, that is pretty hardcore... it doesn't compute for me, but like I said, if it makes people happy in some way, to each their own. I mean, I feel the same way about people trying to collect the Spider-Gwen books, especially the Land variant... those prices are crazy to me, but if people want them, I would never say they're stupid for paying a price they want to pay.

I have some slabs in my collection that many would say were a waste of money, but I do it because I like them - it's my collection, such people should worry about their own.

Now, when someone says they're paying $900 for a newly released book in 9.8 because it is an investment or something along those lines, I guess I feel a little differently. Those are some long odds.

That's why I always say there is a huge difference in buying a book for a place in your personal collection, and buying one that you just intend to flip for profit one day.

I could spend way more on a permanent fixture of my PC, with no regrets, personally...