• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

This one looks cheap , and closing in a few hours

not sure about the grading he gave though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enormous-1-1st-print-VF-NM-Rare-HTF-/291383270657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d7cbdd01

Always worries me when the pics don't show the corners...are they hiding something

or is the camera too difficult to operate??? :fear:

so after the Enormous run on the WTS board got closed because of a missed ink smudge... i decided to look at the auction i bought last night... looks like i overlooked something too... i read the description quickly and saw 1st print in big read letters... looked at the pictures real fast at the corners and what not... not paying attention to the covers... i go look at the listing a couple minutes ago to look at 1 A to see if it has an ink smudge too... oh... there isnt a 1 A... there is a 1 B and a 2nd print... guess i shouldnt shop late night and pay more attention... =(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191514606199?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#

so after the Enormous run on the WTS board got closed because of a missed ink smudge... i decided to look at the auction i bought last night... looks like i overlooked something too... i read the description quickly and saw 1st print in big read letters... looked at the pictures real fast at the corners and what not... not paying attention to the covers... i go look at the listing a couple minutes ago to look at 1 A to see if it has an ink smudge too... oh... there isnt a 1 A... there is a 1 B and a 2nd print... guess i shouldnt shop late night and pay more attention... =(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191514606199?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#

Sorry to hear that. Yeah I'm sure a few people were confused especially on the 1 phantoms selling for 40 but were in vg/f condition the other day. I try to put condition in the title so the buyer knows.

Edited by natevegas

I think we've all been burnt by something like this at some point or another. It is part of buying comics (or just things!) online. It took me a few to learn how to slow down and make sure before I pull the trigger - sorry it happened to you!

well at least my phantom #1's came in the mail today and look NM+... i thought i was done chasing this book lol... back to the bay to get 1 A and sell some more morlock 1's...

Mtq7qmr.jpg

Edited by zupaphly

Now days you can return anything on eBay

Try it ( sorry if someone here is the seller)

And PM the guy with the ink smudge books. Maybe you can get those at the price point you are paying ) ..that ink smudge wouldn't be a deal breaker if I was looking. Those were nice books.

it was ultimately my fault, so im not going to be a jerk to the seller... i just wasnt paying attention... yeah... the listing could have been written a little better... i blame it all on ebay... if it wasnt for the description being in a pop-up window now i would have caught it lol...

I've been on board since 215's #1 but didn't buy the treasury until the 13th. Same day as the announcement! Fast forward nearly a week and it's yet to ship so :wishluck: it'll be on the way soon. I might try and get all my books together for a group shot though I don't have any slabbed copies.

Edited by Calpounder

I looked at that same set and missed it the first time too. Still some great books in there, you should do great with it.

By the way that raw 1A I posted earlier at $19 sold at $43.50 with 8 or so different bidders chasing it in the last 10 mins. There are just not enough of these books