• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

The nycc cgc 9.8 went for $306.

What you guys think? I expected to

go for more.

This is actually right around where I expected it to go, but I thought it would fly past that actually because it was close to $300 very early on.

Looking at the prices for the other (also rare, though not as rare, but also definitely 1st prints) #1s, this doesn't seem crazy to me. If the book went for $600+ like some expected, I'd actually be worried.

Yeah, I don't think its too little or too much. The market decides the value of the book. That being said, this is why I'm holding mine. I would not sell it for $300. I think these will mostly go in to collections and like a black hole, not come out. 2c

:hi: It's going into my collection, and will stay there for quite a while (along with my other 9.8 copy). I hoard my comics like One Rings. Preciouses! :insane:

Consider the print run down to 104 on this one, fellas..... :headbang:

Congrats on the pick up (thumbs u

103- mine is not going anywhere!

It should have went for much more than $306, do you guys remember the first Phantom Variant sold for $450 before any heat at all.

Not sure that first Phantom slab sale was legit as I don't see it on the GPA at all and never have.

I also feel the NYCC would/should have gone for more. I'd guess the retraction bids spooked a few people off it. I can't imagine another will sell as low as that one again.

It should have went for much more than $306, do you guys remember the first Phantom Variant sold for $450 before any heat at all.

Not sure that first Phantom slab sale was legit as I don't see it on the GPA at all and never have.

I also feel the NYCC would/should have gone for more. I'd guess the retraction bids spooked a few people off it. I can't imagine another will sell as low as that one again.

Well, if I don't receive it or there's huge gash on the back cover, I'll let everyone know. lol I just hoped that the retraction bids were flakes who decided to go after something else, or maybe they were scared off by the "second printing" label. Whatever, I'm more than happy to snatch it up for my collection!

I think it is a pretty good price for someone that is looking to build a registry set, or who just wants to have them all.

If the series gets hot, collectors of that type are going to be pulling their hair out over this book and a few of the others. For sure.

101 I am keeping my 2 as well - for now. :devil:

99 .... Sold one and keeping the other two...also, for now :grin:

Not bad guys... for a "2nd print". :baiting:

:grin::grin::grin:

A LIMITED "2nd Print!" :P

At some point... aren't they ALL limited? :grin:

101 I am keeping my 2 as well - for now. :devil:

99 .... Sold one and keeping the other two...also, for now :grin:

Not bad guys... for a "2nd print". :baiting:

:grin::grin::grin:

A LIMITED "2nd Print!" :P

At some point... aren't they ALL limited? :grin:

Well, this book is now limited to 97 plus Tim is ruffling 1 or 2 so there are even less. I think its so cool to have this book. I feel like we'll be talking about it 10 years from now. Win or lose, this is definitely a "remember when" comic.