• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four problems with CGC order:

12 posts in this topic

1) A submission of mine looks like it just showed up in the database when I enter the numbers on cgc's website - however, no grades are listed for either book in the submission. (It was just two books, invoice #1185573.)

2) One of the books in the submission is listed as an all-select comics #1 published by timely comics. It's actually a flashback reprint published by alan light.

3) When you click on the "census info" for the flashback book, it takes you to the census info for all select comics #1, not the flashback book.

4) Neither book shows up as signed, but they should both be signature series by Al Bellman.

Okay, maybe things are just early and this info will be updated at the appropriate time. I just want to make sure that CGC sees this just in case they are about to ship this way, so they can grab them and fix them before they ship.

Don't want to burst any bubbles, but even though this is CGC's message board, I think it's a bit of a long shot to assume that they're just sitting around, reading every single thread, waiting for a problem upon which to pounce :)

How about just calling CGC tomorrow?

Just to follow up, in case anyone is interested... the items aren't supposed to show up at all online until they are shipped. It was just an error in this case that they were marked as shipped before they were graded. They are no longer showing up online.

Because I'm obsessive, I follow the progress of my books' order status and click it often. I see lots of changes as books get identified and updated. I've had books change publisher, change artist, all kinds of things. Only once have I ever had one ship with the wrong information, and it was one that had changed to be correct before changing back to be wrong. It was a store variant that shipped as a second print. CGC reslabbed it for free. I wouldn't worry about errors while they're "in-progress."

Just to follow up, in case anyone is interested... the items aren't supposed to show up at all online until they are shipped. It was just an error in this case that they were marked as shipped before they were graded. They are no longer showing up online.

This isn't exactly correct. The books show up on the web portal as soon as received in. And you can typically follow their (slow sometimes) progress from received to verified to graded to graded/QC to finally shipped. When shipped the grades are posted up. At graded is when you usually see more complete and accurate label notes, though I've seen changes even after that.

I've never had books get accidentally listed aa shipped. That's pretty unusual and I understand your concern. The info could easily be all wrong.

This isn't exactly correct. The books show up on the web portal as soon as received in. And you can typically follow their (slow sometimes) progress from received to verified to graded to graded/QC to finally shipped. When shipped the grades are posted up. At graded is when you usually see more complete and accurate label notes, though I've seen changes even after that.

I've never had books get accidentally listed aa shipped. That's pretty unusual and I understand your concern. The info could easily be all wrong.

I've had incorrect info posted on several occasions - no biggie. It's always worked itself out before grades were finalized and books shipped. It's called patience . . . ;)

Well, I have never had books show up online before they were marked as shipped, and when I spoke to them today (well, yesterday), the person I spoke to (Eric, I think?) said they are not supposed to show up online before they are marked as shipped. Sure enough, the books in question no longer show up online.

Well, I have never had books show up online before they were marked as shipped, and when I spoke to them today (well, yesterday), the person I spoke to (Eric, I think?) said they are not supposed to show up online before they are marked as shipped. Sure enough, the books in question no longer show up online.

Not sure I understand. Do you have a collectors society membership - something other than free? The CGC website under the "join the collectors society" has a example of what you would potentially see under "submission tracking" which is a membership benefit. Promises "24/7 access to the status of your grading submissions".

Here's a link to the page I speak of talking about Collector Society membership benefits. Just click on "see details" under submission tracking.

http://www.cgccomics.com/MemberPortal/Login.aspx

You should be able to track your submissions from receipt to shipped.