• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Comedy Comics 9

10 posts in this topic

This book is a very solid book. But the bottom staple is detached from the cover. Hard to tell but it is. OW pages bottom left corner is rounded but otherwise nothing hidden everything else is as pictured.

Comedy_01.jpg

Comedy_01_BC.jpg

Comedy_01_spine.jpg

Comedy_01_mid.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Was hoping it would be at least 6.0 with 6.5 potential. But not sure how that bottom detached staple and rounded corner would hit it. Really hope to hear more opinions. Thanks so far.

Attractive copy, but with the detached staple and the notable rounding of the corner, I'd say a 6.0. CGC might go higher ( or lower) - I find the closer one gets to FN, the tougher it is to get consensus - as it's either the bottom end of higher grade or the top end of lower grade for GA collectors.

Great copy for an eye-appeal based collector ( like me), but some folks are bothered more by partially detached covers than others.

I agree with the 6.0. This copy could easily score a 6.0 from CGC. I'm not bothered by a detached cover, though I think the rounded corner is a serious flaw and could weigh heavily on the grade.

Here's how I arrived at my grade:

The book looks to be technically 7.5 (exclude the detached cover and the damaged LLFC)

Technically the detached cover should grade no higher than 3.5.

The damaged LLFC is typical of 4.5-5.0

So I'm thinking the book would grade out at

6.0 IMHO!