• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Spotlight #5

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm pretty bad at trying to figure out condition and I'm trying to decide if this book is worth the cost of sending in to CGC for grading. There's a bend in the top right corner and another bad spot in the top middle, but that's the worst I see.

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

Hi all,

I'm pretty bad at trying to figure out condition and I'm trying to decide if this book is worth the cost of sending in to CGC for grading. There's a bend in the top right corner and another bad spot in the top middle, but that's the worst I see.

IMG_5779.jpg

IMG_5780.jpg

IMG_5781.jpg

A very warmsmiley-signs087.gifto the boards Brad!flowerysmile.gif

Check out these threads for great information on the CGC Forum

THE N00B GUIDE

PGM Guidelines and Helpful Hints

As for your book:

6.0 IMHO! There are numerous spine creases in addition to the damage you noted at the top of your thread. Also some possible scuff marks on the LH side near the bottom corner.

A press would improve the appearance, but probably not the grade.

6.0 ish - so depends on what you paid, and why you want to slab it really.

If it's to sell - sell it raw.

If it's to keep and display - sell it raw, save up, and buy a better copy.

Then slab that one.

2c

Thanks for the input everyone.

The book didn't cost me anything, I got it in a stack of comics from an uncle about 25 years ago. It's been bagged and boarded the whole time, and now that I'm planning to sell my whole collection I wondered if getting this one graded might help. Guess I'll just leave it as it is and see what I can get.