• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #48 cgc 9.8 on the bay.....

10 posts in this topic

Don't wanna spill the beans, but lotsa sellers go with ebay AND other sites at the same time....so that's not enough to prove the guy is not legit. In this case I'm sure you're correct. I have a question....how does a guy with several ebay names, lots of feedback (100-200+) on multiple names, list a book (like the X men #1 CGC 9.2) last week, then end the listing without a trace? It completely dis-appears from any searches?

Someone took care of that guy.

His auction ended.

Hope someone alerted ebay!

There was a guy on Ebay last week, he had a killer Marvel collection, all key books, full runs, etc.

A copy of Amaz. Fant #15....you name it.

And he's got high positive feedback, but he states that he will only accept Paypal for payment.

No checks, no money orders, no cash, no bank checks.

Just paypal.

So I asked him why he would do that, since the percentage that paypal would take from such a high win would be enormous.

He didn't care.

He also states "no pick ups" on the auction.

But he had no problem emailing big scans of any book.

I emailed the guy and asked, and told him that I believe anyone, including for sake of argument, would probably insist on flying out to pick up a collection of that size and value.

And pay cash in hand.

There is NO way someone would send you a check for say, $30,000 and hope and pray you mail the books, pack them safe, etc.

He just wasn't having any of it.

Now that's odd.

I mean, sure, it was probably a scam, even though the guy had high positive feedback.

But let's say, for sake of argument, it's legit...why in the WORLD would you not let someone come pick it up and pay you cash?

At any rate, I think the auction was ended early or maybe even by ebay.

Because, as the post above says about a different auction....

...it ended without a trace, and you can't find it now doing a search either.

Someone took care of that guy.

His auction ended.

Hope someone alerted ebay!

There was a guy on Ebay last week, he had a killer Marvel collection, all key books, full runs, etc.

A copy of Amaz. Fant #15....you name it.

And he's got high positive feedback, but he states that he will only accept Paypal for payment.

No checks, no money orders, no cash, no bank checks.

Just paypal.

So I asked him why he would do that, since the percentage that paypal would take from such a high win would be enormous.

He didn't care.

He also states "no pick ups" on the auction.

But he had no problem emailing big scans of any book.

I emailed the guy and asked, and told him that I believe anyone, including for sake of argument, would probably insist on flying out to pick up a collection of that size and value.

And pay cash in hand.

There is NO way someone would send you a check for say, $30,000 and hope and pray you mail the books, pack them safe, etc.

He just wasn't having any of it.

Now that's odd.

I mean, sure, it was probably a scam, even though the guy had high positive feedback.

But let's say, for sake of argument, it's legit...why in the WORLD would you not let someone come pick it up and pay you cash?

At any rate, I think the auction was ended early or maybe even by ebay.

Because, as the post above says about a different auction....

...it ended without a trace, and you can't find it now doing a search either.

Smells like a rip-off. mad.gif

BTW - how is the "CGC baby"? laugh.gif