• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artist ID Help on Hourman Piece

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I picked this really nice Hourman piece today, but have no idea who the artist is or what issue it comes from. I believe it may be a showcase issue, but I have no idea. I could really use the help on finding out who the artist was and what issue.

Thanks for any help!

a2f7107f-8b24-4d2a-b93b-0a8f285bbd85_zps45d1ac43.jpg

Hello everyone,

I picked this really nice Hourman piece today, but have no idea who the artist is or what issue it comes from. I believe it may be a showcase issue, but I have no idea. I could really use the help on finding out who the artist was and what issue.

Thanks for any help!

a2f7107f-8b24-4d2a-b93b-0a8f285bbd85_zps45d1ac43.jpg

That's Dillon art with Sid Greene inks. I believe it was a backup story from Justice League of America.

Hate to rain on your parade, but you don't own the true original to that Dillin/Greene page. I have it:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=449321

I bought it from Heritage's November 2008 auction. It has the code stamp on the back and is in much better condition than what you have there. You may want to get some explainin' from whoever you bought it from.

Sorry.