• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

26 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

No HOS, no Probation list, no scammers, etc.

Payment through Paypal only.

I only ship to the United States!

First :takeit: in the thread wins, and trumps any PM's.

My kudos here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7780928#Post7780928

Here we go...

Up for sale today is a beautiful copy of Incredible Hulk #181, CGC 6.5 Universal, with a Mark Jeweler's Insert. Today's price is $1,099 shipped!

Looks very nice for the grade. Such an action packed cover.

That sure is a purdy 6.5!!!

Thanks! I agree, looks really great for a 6.5. I have thought about getting in signed and re-subbing a few times, but I always end up buying another book around the same time which eats up all my money! Thanks for looking. :grin:

Here is a question I received via PM (I will keep poster anonymous here):

"Hi there - is that foxing on the front cover in the white areas of 'HULK' - on the scan it looks like it's slightly off-white and there's a whiter square in the 'K'"

As far as I am able to tell, there is no foxing. I believe there may be some faint discoloration on the right side of the letter 'K', but not foxing. I tried to get the best up-close pic I could, but it is very faint. Either way, here is an up-close pic of the area in question. (Also, you can make out the faint star stamp above Hulk's arm, not uncommon on MJ insert books)

Hmm, what's the star stamp all about? Never heard of it.

I don't know a lot about the star stamp, but I am sure there are others on these boards who do. (:

I do know that it is not uncommon for MJ insert books to also have a star stamp. Like the MJ insert, I believe this can be traced back to books which were distributed near U.S. military bases in the 70's and 80's. Thanks for looking!

You can find a work-in-progress explanation about the star stamps and the MJ inserts in the apposite discussion here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4778161

Roughly, the star stamp means a book was sold in U.S. military bases but not necessarily containing the insert, while if it has the insert it might not necessarily have the star stamp.

Do not have it signed: it has already such nice added features that it’s great as is… (thumbs u

I can barely see it too. But I believe it's right under the E and the ! above Hulk's arm.

It's very very faint

Ahhh I see it now!

Nice book

Yes, it is very faint, and it is right below the "E!" in "WOLVERINE!"

Thanks for some clarification on the star stamp and the MJ insert vaillant!

I am selling because I just purchased a CGC copy that is a higher grade. I love this copy though, and now I am starting to think that if it doesn't sell maybe I should just keep it and dump the nicer one. I figure it's a win-win. Higher grade is nice, but so is the insert and stamp. I will be happy however it shakes out in the end. :grin:

If I were you, I’d keep this one: you can make more money out of the higher grade one, but MJ inserts are not common in grade, and this one has also the star stamp, so it has a nice history behind it. :)

Lovely copy, I used to have this one, but it wasn’t entirely mine and I gave it away: it had the common "Interdipress" italian stamp from the time it came out, which was placed on import books by this agency (in Napoli).

You can read the stamp is August 30, 1975.

K6R0kOJh.jpg

Final Price Cut! Book is now $1,039 shipped!

This will be my final price cut on this book, and I will leave the thread open for another 24 hours. If the book has not sold at that point, I will have some thinking to do!

Thank you all for looking! (thumbs u