• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RESULTS: CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 3

47 posts in this topic

Dammit, forgot to submit my guesses :frustrated:

Joker--

No excuses !! You may as well realize that for the next week and a half .... you are locked into this contest

Dammit, forgot to submit my guesses :frustrated:

Joker--

No excuses !! You may as well realize that for the next week and a half .... you are locked into this contest

Agreed. It shouldn't be too hard to remember to look in this section every day. When you see the books are posted, grade them ASAP. there's no benefit to getting your grades in later on.

Canickus and a few others are going to have to start dropping the ball.

dang man.... if they didn't drop it on that round....when are they ever gonna ?? :(

That's funny, I actually had the first comic right, before the announcement. lol

Yep. I submitted the right grade for the first comic before that info was posted. Got a PM that the info was added and would I like to change my guess. :tonofbricks: Played right into the trap. lol I have been doing so bad.....could you just let me keep the right guess next time? :baiting:

I graded the Thrilling #19 at 4.5, and the #12 at 4.5(ish)

I thought the detached centerfold AND the detached bottom staple on the #12 limited it.

I actually said that the book without those flaws was a nice 6.0/6.5.

It's nice that both were higher than I thought.

I graded the ... #12 at 4.5(ish)

I thought the detached centerfold AND the detached bottom staple on the #12 limited it.

I actually said that the book without those flaws was a nice 6.0/6.5.

It's nice that both were higher than I thought.

+1 (shrug)

I was guessing 6.0ish on the #12, then noticed the bottom staple problem on second look and quickly dropped it to 5.0. If the bottom staple isn't actually popped (Andy?), I guess I'm not sure what's going on there.

More and more I wonder just what CGC standards on a detached centerfold is. Overstreet which has set the grading standards for more then 40+ years indicated without a doubt in their “Overstreet Grading book” first edition that no book over 3.5 could have a detached centerfold. In fact for it to be 5.0 it had to be loose and not detached. What a gift grade, wondering if it was resent in by some random customer if it would get a 6 again. :preach:

Then again CGC says they follow Overstreet's spirit but lol

Also I wonder if we had 6 blind grading by CGCgraders inidvidualy what the :censored: they would call it nuff said end of rantrant

I completely forgot about this. My mind is just scattered these days.

:(

Peace,

Chip

Get your grades in for this round now, then. (thumbs u

That goes for the likes of all of you! :preach:

More and more I wonder just what CGC standards on a detached centerfold is. Overstreet which has set the grading standards for more then 40+ years indicated without a doubt in their “Overstreet Grading book” first edition that no book over 3.5 could have a detached centerfold. In fact for it to be 5.0 it had to be loose and not detached. What a gift grade, wondering if it was resent in by some random customer if it would get a 6 again. :preach:

Also I wonder if we had 6 blind grading by CGCgraders inidvidualy what the :censored: they would call it nuff said end of rantrant

The idea that a high grade book would automatically get taken all the way down to a 3.5 due to a detached centerfold doesn't make any sense, but I would agree that in the case of this book it seems not to have affected the grade at all.

Thought the staining on the 19 would bring it down more. :mad:

Years ago CGC had a reputation for being tough on stains, even on VG to F books, but lately I've seen a lot of GA where that no longer seems the case. They may still hammer high grade and newer books, I'm not sure, but I've gone from thinking they were frequently way too harsh to more recently thinking they are too easy at times with respect to 6.0 and under GA.

Only two 6 for 6 under-graders in the entire mix...camper49 and thehumantorch... :o

Whadya got for sale??!! lol

I should buy all my stuff from thehumantorch, sounds like we grade the same hm

Thought the staining on the 19 would bring it down more. :mad:

Years ago CGC had a reputation for being tough on stains, even on VG to F books, but lately I've seen a lot of GA where that no longer seems the case. They may still hammer high grade and newer books, I'm not sure, but I've gone from thinking they were frequently way too harsh to more recently thinking they are too easy at times with respect to 6.0 and under GA.

Yep, I said 5.5 on the #19... just seemed like way too many stains for 6.0, even on a pretty book. Live and learn!

+1 the detached centerfold sent me for a loop.