• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eeek... talk about can't pick 'em

10 posts in this topic

You have to be kidding...what a waste of cash to send in for grading. I have some Thors I taped to keep together in the late 60's. Maybe I should get them graded and post each on ebay as "The only one like it"

anyone grading worn or beaten common modern books screwy.gif

i don't know either. maybe he had some credits with cgc he needed to use up. it makes no sense, particularly with the later slabbed x-mens he has in 6.0, which are like only $15 in the guide. live and learn i guess.

i bought some slabbed mid-grade SA DCs from a guy once... books that guide for like $5 each, i wanted them to use for reference when grading my own books, his excuse was that his wife sent them in and there was some sort of miscommunication with her.... duplicate that 10,000 times throughout the country and.....

heck, there's a dealer who does shows who has stacks of slabbed 9.8s out for $15 each with a better discount for quantity, but the books are mainly quarter bin books, so nobody really cares. what was he thinking, that they'd all come back 10.0s?