• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC COMICS - PAGE COLOR

6 posts in this topic

I have a CGC graded GS X-Men #1 7.5, cream to off-white pages. Would this page color significantly reduce the price I would receive on Ebay as compared to a 7.5 with white pages? How much would I get for it compared to book value $492? Would it be better to hold on to it and sell it years down the line (or at least wait till X3)? Thanks.

While some collectors would argue that there is a relatively small difference and inconsistencies in CGC's designations for actual page quality between Off-White, Cream or Cream to Off-White, the general perception is that the book is all that much closer to losing its' suppleness and eventually becoming brittle. I think a Cream to Off-White book from 1975 is still going to last for decades to come, but I don't think it would have the same overall fresh appearance as a properly identified White paged specimen.

For a higher grade copy this is much more likely to affect the final price, but in CGC 7.5 I would expect it to be less of a factor and possibly a non-issue. Even with Off-White or White pages, the book is unlikely to sell above the guide price you mentioned of $492. Is this the current Overstreet guide value? In fact, the average sale price for copies in this grade over the last 12 months at auction has only been about $330.

As far as selling it now or holding on to it, that's completely up to you. Do you enjoy owning the book? How badly do you want to sell it to help fund something else, and how much of a profit or loss you would realize in the current market compared to what you paid for it?

I have a CGC graded GS X-Men #1 7.5, cream to off-white pages. Would this page color significantly reduce the price I would receive on Ebay as compared to a 7.5 with white pages? How much would I get for it compared to book value $492? Would it be better to hold on to it and sell it years down the line (or at least wait till X3)? Thanks.

With this book you should expect no lower than OS book value. Better page quality determines the premium to book, or guide multiple. In August of this year I sold my CGC 8.5 WHITE pages copy for $750 setting a GPA high for the grade headbang.gif (look it up haters! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif).

If you're ready to sell it, by all means sell. But if you can wait, alittle X3 hysteria may not hurt. If you decide to hold it -- "Buy on the rumor, sell on the news" -- Make sure you time the auction to end before the movie opens. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

flowerred.gifWould anyone be a hater if i told you i got a new GPA record for my X men #101 CGC 9.8 white?

Nope, just ONE of the reasons we're all here! Right? The pursuit of perfection, and its just rewards . . . thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I Love you guys hi.gif Hi DD....for the record (and to comply to this post), page quality seems to be more relevant in higher grade books...8.0 and above IMO....The higher the grade, the more PQ matters....yes, no, maybe?