• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRAA! Comics damaged on the way to CGC! UPDATE/CLOSED

66 posts in this topic

Dang so similar-I do that too and I hate it that things always fall apart on a FRI so you have to wait 2 days to find out what's wrong and the worrying creates all kinds of nightmare scenarios in my mind.

At my old job my boss knew that sort of stuff bugged me so he would purposely come up to me on his way out and very serious-like say "Hey Aaron.......you know what, we'll just have a chat on Monday about it....have a good weekend." and leave.

ALL WEEKEND I'D BE GOING NUTS.

Of course, it was usually minor stuff - like verification on what a customer wanted or whatever. (It was a customer service job)

Do you have PTSD? That's what did it for me.
Not that I've been told. Never really had anything major happen to me. I mean, the usual, parents divorce, wacky religious mom, burning comics, etc etc but other than that. Nothing major.

Dang so similar-I do that too and I hate it that things always fall apart on a FRI so you have to wait 2 days to find out what's wrong and the worrying creates all kinds of nightmare scenarios in my mind.

At my old job my boss knew that sort of stuff bugged me so he would purposely come up to me on his way out and very serious-like say "Hey Aaron.......you know what, we'll just have a chat on Monday about it....have a good weekend." and leave.

ALL WEEKEND I'D BE GOING NUTS.

Of course, it was usually minor stuff - like verification on what a customer wanted or whatever. (It was a customer service job)

Ah thats not cool at all.

Yeah, he found it funny. :P Glad to be out of that job! Now I just work from home which is awesome.

Until I get a call telling me my comics are broken and to wait until tomorrow to find out just how bad!

You should be happy to get the phone call and given an option. Sucks that the books were damaged but would you prefer they were simply graded and you had never known?

I think Kav just found his new best friend…

It could happen to you someday!

You should be happy to get the phone call and given an option. Sucks that the books were damaged but would you prefer they were simply graded and you had never known?

She should have waited until she had all the facts, before calling, IMO.

Oh absolutely, I said that in one of my posts. I was glad they called but it could have waited until she was able to provide me with all the information I would have surely requested.

Yep-it's like a Dr says 'I have some startling news about your test results'

Then leaves

Oh absolutely, I said that in one of my posts. I was glad they called but it could have waited until she was able to provide me with all the information I would have surely requested.

You wanted to know if they would grade above a 9.0?

I want to know how bad the damage is - not specifically if they grade above a 9 but obviously I'm curious. Was the box damaged? How bad? I need pics of that box if I am going to attempt to approach Canada Post about my insurance. I need pics of the comics as well so I can determine my next move. Should I get them pressed? Maybe that'll fix it if it's not that bad.

Is it really that bad if it wasn't noticed until now? As well, if she doesn't have the shipping box there to verify IT was damaged - well, then, was it actually done during shipping?

If they didnt keep the box so you can file a claim isnt the onus on them to make you whole?