• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 5

145 posts in this topic

IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHANGE THEIR GRADE FOR ROUND 5, please do so in your PM Thread.

We will take any grade changes based on this new information.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHANGE THEIR GRADE FOR ROUND 5, please do so in your PM Thread.

You should leave them as is, or eliminate the round. If you're asking who wants a perfect score in the round, who wouldn't take it.

First off, I'm sorry everyone. :sorry:

When we do things, there is almost always room for improvement. Mistakes are discovered and then corrected. Somethings that may be overlooked get adjusted.

In this case, I should have scanned the books after getting them back from CGC. I didn't, and it is so clear to me now that I should have.

For the second half of this marathon, starting with Round 6, we will be using scans of the books, as they sit in their CGC plastic tombs.

Again, still assume that all of the books in this contest have been pressed.

Thanks for understanding, everyone, I really appreciate it. :foryou:

With all of that being said, I would like to add another prize to the prize pool, a book that some of you may be familiar with. Sgt. Fury #1 :wink:

a023_zps186cb265.jpg

I don't see how you could get a perfect score in any case based on this new information.

However, people who submitted their grades BEFORE this information became clear should have the opportunity to modify their grades like all the LATE SUBMITTERS...

First off, I'm sorry everyone. :sorry:

When we do things, there is almost always room for improvement. Mistakes are discovered and then corrected. Somethings that may be overlooked get adjusted.

In this case, I should have scanned the books after getting them back from CGC. I didn't, and it is so clear to me now that I should have.

For the second half of this marathon, starting with Round 6, we will be using scans of the books, as they sit in their CGC plastic tombs.

Again, still assume that all of the books in this contest have been pressed.

Thanks for understanding, everyone, I really appreciate it. :foryou:

With all of that being said, I would like to add another prize to the prize pool, a book that some of you may be familiar with. Sgt. Fury #1 :wink:

a023_zps186cb265.jpg

:applause:

Looks like I addressed cheetah's question yesterday at 3:29 PM EST.

Post #7850026 - Yesterday at 03:29 PM

Based on the rules, are we to assume the books may have been pressed AFTER you took your scans?

Yes, in my first post for every round, I ask everyone to assume that all of these books have been pressed. Out of 20 books, I believe 17 were pressed. The scans were taken before I sent them away. (thumbs u

So, if there is anyone who submitted their grades before 3:29 PM EST (yesterday), you may change them if you so choose.

Regardless, this tournament has been GREAT FUN! And you guys have been doing an Awesome job. Thanks

+1 (thumbs u

Thanks for saying so, guys. This really is all just for your fun and enjoyment. :)

Well, using reverse psychology, the :eek: is probably a good sign.

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would use a negative graemlin upon receiving an accurate grade submission? Now, a clever man would use a negative graemlin, because he would know that only a great fool would believe that the graemlin he was given would be an accurate indication of the quality of his grade submission. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not believe that the graemlin you gave me is an accurate indication of my grade submission to you. But you must have known I was not a great fool. You would have counted on it, so I can clearly not believe that this isn't an accurate indication of my grade submission to you.

:wink:

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would use a negative graemlin upon receiving an accurate grade submission? Now, a clever man would use a negative graemlin, because he would know that only a great fool would believe that the graemlin he was given would be an accurate indication of the quality of his grade submission. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not believe that the graemlin you gave me is an accurate indication of my grade submission to you. But you must have known I was not a great fool. You would have counted on it, so I can clearly not believe that this isn't an accurate indication of my grade submission to you.

Right, I already did all this. My grades still sucked. (thumbs u

Right, I already did all this. My grades still sucked. (thumbs u

mind-blowing.jpg

Regardless, this tournament has been GREAT FUN! And you guys have been doing an Awesome job. Thanks

+1 (thumbs u

Thanks for saying so, guys. This really is all just for your fun and enjoyment. :)

Andy thanks for the added prize. :cloud9:

Grades are in. :wishluck:

I don't see how you could get a perfect score in any case based on this new information.

However, people who submitted their grades BEFORE this information became clear should have the opportunity to modify their grades like all the LATE SUBMITTERS...

I remember the pressing disclosure from last year, so I'm good as is :D

Well, we'll see tonight if I'm good, but for now I'll stick with my grades.