• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 5

145 posts in this topic

Well, using reverse psychology, the :eek: is probably a good sign.

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would use a negative graemlin upon receiving an accurate grade submission? Now, a clever man would use a negative graemlin, because he would know that only a great fool would believe that the graemlin he was given would be an accurate indication of the quality of his grade submission. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not believe that the graemlin you gave me is an accurate indication of my grade submission to you. But you must have known I was not a great fool. You would have counted on it, so I can clearly not believe that this isn't an accurate indication of my grade submission to you.

:wink:

Greatest. Movie. Ever.

(I wouldn't worry too much about the scans. Everyone is still working from the same scan, so it's still fair. ;) )

Regardless, this tournament has been GREAT FUN! And you guys have been doing an Awesome job. Thanks

+1000 great fun, thanks for doing it :applause:

I'd like to add this to the prizes. My 11x17 recreation of the Kirby/Sinnott Fantastic Four #100 cover. There's just a little more work needed in the price box area, but it will be done by the end of the contest :)

XiuSrSt.jpg

Wonderful! :applause:

Please put it in the prize thread, if you don't mind. :foryou:

So, if there is anyone who submitted their grades before 3:29 PM EST (yesterday), you may change them if you so choose.

Imagine this guy:

Poster_3.jpg

Saying that in this voice:

...and then changing the last phrase to:

"if you DARE...."

That guys voice reminded me a bit about the Polish board member who did some voice work for Disney, who actually didn't do any voice work for Disney. Anyone remember who I'm talking about? lol

I'd like to add this to the prizes. My 11x17 recreation of the Kirby/Sinnott Fantastic Four #100 cover. There's just a little more work needed in the price box area, but it will be done by the end of the contest :)

Wonderful! :applause:

Please put it in the prize thread, if you don't mind. :foryou:

Done. ;)

I couldn't find the thread at first because the original post title doesn't mention "Prize".

EDIT:

Oh wait, yes it does :facepalm:

Fail :sorry:

Based on the rules, are we to assume the books may have been pressed AFTER you took your scans?

Yes, in my first post for every round, I ask everyone to assume that all of these books have been pressed. Out of 20 books, I believe 17 were pressed. The scans were taken before I sent them away. (thumbs u

Omg. I totally misunderstood what you meant by telling us to "assume" they "have been" pressed.

+1

+ 2

+3

Screenshot2014-07-10at42840PM_zps38167e75.png:baiting:

Uh you mean those weren't the scans of the final product in the slab we've been grading?

doh!

So I should be adding a press bump too... hm

IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHANGE THEIR GRADE FOR ROUND 5, please do so in your PM Thread.

We will take any grade changes based on this new information.

You should leave them as is, or eliminate the round. If you're asking who wants a perfect score in the round, who wouldn't take it.

:screwy:

Hah. I've been doing better than average grading from the raw scans, I'm not changing a thing.

Andy, as far as I'm concerned you're blameless, and I, for one, would still like to see the raw scans.

Show of hands, anyone else for keeping the raw scans? I mean, it's your contest, feel free to put up scans of the slabs, but I think all that plastic is going to mask some stuff.

Just my opinion.

Oh, and add this to the Prize Pool:

Marvel Golden Age Masterworks, Sub-Mariner Vol 2

Still in the shrinkwrap, shipped anywhere in the US or Canada on my dime,

Anywhere else in the world at cost less $10

A List of Names... (shrug)

A.Romeo

aggr1103

ashsaytr

BlowUpTheMoon

Boboset

CBT

Chip Cataldo

Columbia Comics

comicdonna

Conan_Aficionado

epowe10097

Fantastic Thor

Gatsby77

General Zod

genrlzod

gradejunky

kav

MatterEaterLad

MediumLover

Mike's Rack

Park

Revat

s-man

spideyfan76

SpideyFein

SuperiorSpiderMan

The Resurrection

Wilson3d

yoddler

Very kind of you, Rick.

I'd suggest waiting for the scans for round 6, you'll be pleasantly surprised. If needed, I will add the pre-press scans, but they're likely going to be more confusing than helpful. 2c

Very kind of you, Rick.

I'd suggest waiting for the scans for round 6, you'll be pleasantly surprised. If needed, I will add the pre-press scans, but they're likely going to be more confusing than helpful. 2c

But, but...confusion is my only hope of hitting a bullseye!

Please stick with the raw scans. I've found grading through slabs difficult in past competitions. 2c

+1

While knowing the books have been pressed after the scan is helpful, something's press out nicely and some don't. Some pressing is better than others. I think sticking with what CGC was looking at when they graded it is best.